Starting Salary Range: $21.56 - $ 25.88 per hour plus benefits
Closing Date: Open until filled. Priority will be given to applications received by 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 21st, 2023.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1,000.00 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
This position will normally work part-time, working 27 hours per week, work week and weekend hours required. The time will be split between our Colby Central Office and our Broadway Plaza Apartments.
Everett Housing Authority (EHA) is a diverse, innovative public agency located in Everett, WA, only minutes from the waterfront. EHA is committed to our mission: to create affordable housing, foster healthy communities where households thrive, and replace systemic racism with equity for all.
Those interested can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- A strong benefit package including robust health, dental, and life insurance as well as a pension plan (PERS).
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistant Program
- Wellness Program
- Work that makes a difference!
Are you someone who wants to be part of a unified team and is committed to serving others and something greater than yourself? Our maintenance department is the core of our organization, and we are looking for people who are committed to continually improving, learning new skills, and seeking to embody the highest standards. At EHA, not only will you find substantial meaning in your work, but you will also have a chance to serve your community, advance in your career, and gain skills that you can apply to all areas of life. Our best-in-class benefits ensure a healthy work-life balance, automatic membership with the Teamsters Local 38 union, tuition assistance, and generous time-off policies. In the EHA maintenance department, we take care of our people so they can take care of our buildings and ensure our residents have a safe, healthy place to live and thrive.
This position is for the Part-time Janitor position working at our Colby Administration building and Broadway Plaza Apartments. If you enjoy putting your skills to work to provide a clean and safe environment, this is the job for you. The Part-time Janitor is an extremely important position that helps ensure our staff have an amazing place to work while they help complete the EHA Mission. As the Part-Time Janitor, you will enjoy a flexible schedule tailored to fit your busy life. You will also be able to help our residents by ensuring they have a high-quality living environment. If you’re a custodian professional or even a student looking for a great part time job, please apply today!
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Education, GED or equivalent
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Janitorial work and procedures;
- Cleaners and polishes.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Ability to work well independently;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions;
- Ability to speak and understand English.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be personally bondable for insurance purposes;
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and good driving record.
- At Colby this position works mostly indoors in offices.
- At Broadway Plaza this position works indoors and outdoors.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Prior experience working for a housing authority
- Prior experience working as a custodian in an occupied building
- Prior experience working with low income and diverse populations