KCI, Incorporated (a member of the Tsubaki Group) is an original equipment manufacturer providing a broad range of automated solutions for diverse markets and industries worldwide. We are recognized for developing unique, automated processes in automotive assembly as well as for being the nation’s leading manufacturer of insulation process equipment.
Mechanical Engineers create detailed engineering drawings, specifications and technical requirements. Position reviews design documents for accuracy, completeness & constructability & creates Bills of Material (BOMS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description – other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Design & revision of AutoCAD 2D & Inventor 3D industrial equipment with Bill of Materials (BOM) creation.
- Document design narratives and engineering analysis
- Capable of conveyance, structural support steel, automation, thermal expansion, production facility, environment (including detailing parts) system layout and machine design.
- Travel to job sites to conduct equipment health assessments and trouble-shoot and perform field verifications of drawings as needed (typically not more than 1-2 days/month but can be needed for longer trips to client locations occasionally).
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in related mechanical engineering discipline or equivalent in an industrial design build environment in the automotive and/or fiberglass insulation manufacturing industries.
- Fluency in AutoCAD inventor and vault required.
- Experience in Solidworks and/or Demo 3D software a plus.
- Strong mechanical understanding of industrial fabrication processes, CAD & modeling required.
- Strong Microsoft Suites and Microsoft Teams experience required.
Work Environment: Office environment unless traveling to client’s plant which could include varied temperatures, dust, dirt and steel toe boot requirements.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability