About the role…
Point of Rental is seeking an entry level Customer Care Technician to join our growing team. This role consists of being the first line of contact for users experiencing technical issues, listening carefully to our customers, and providing hardware and software technical solutions. This position does not require Cold-Calling. The ideal candidate is an energetic, inquisitive person with a knack for technology and enjoys solving puzzles.
- Receive inbound customer calls, chats, and email inquiries.
- Analyze customer problems and research solutions using the base knowledge of the software.
- Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions.
- Provide easy-to-understand answers adapted to the customer situation.
- Document issues appropriately based on existing guidelines.
- Explain service contract provisions to customers.
- Assist less experienced Technicians, when available.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer-Centric Attitude: The customer is at the forefront of everything we do – you must live and breathe customer support and promote high customer engagement through all interactions.
- Exposure to Information Technology, demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, while actively looking for solutions.
- Understanding of data integration problems, including validation and cleaning of data.
- Knowledge of object-oriented and test-driven development concepts.
- Experience converting business requirements to technical design documents and in reverse engineering of software systems.
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (mathematics, statistics, or another business-related field).
- Microsoft (MCSA) or (MCSE) certifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server including development of simple to complex queries, stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- Experience with Microsoft programming languages and platforms including C#, VB.Net, and ASP.NET.
- Experience in contact center/support environment.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional shifts (early mornings, late evenings, and/or weekends).
- Foreign Language speaking abilities are highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience in the Rental Industry is a plus.
Full-Time, Exempt. Base Salary + Benefits, 100% 401(k) matching (up to 4%) and profit sharing. Comprehensive training lasting 2-3 months.