Job Title: Conflict Transformation Specialist
Reports to: Restorative Justice Training Manager
Job Status: Full-time, Non-exempt, & Hourly
The Conflict Transformation Specialist is responsible for facilitating restorative conferences and circles with youth and adults in both school-based and community-based settings. This role involves modeling a restorative mindset, communicating this vision to Gryphon Place employees and community organizations, and assisting efforts to expand the program, ensuring consistent practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Respond to requests for Conflict Transformation services and facilitate restorative conferences/circles in schools and community settings as needed.
• Collect outcome data for conference and circles, including document agreements and complete follow-up tasks in a timely and organized fashion.
• Support Gryphon Place’s Restorative Practices Facilitators through modeling, coaching and debriefing under the supervision and direction of the Restorative Justice Training manager.
• Assist with ongoing professional development sessions on restorative practices.
• Work effectively and professionally with community and school staff.
• Promote the use of Gryphon Place’s Conflict Transformation service in community.
• Assess participant needs to determine 211/Helpline referrals and/or referrals to CIE program.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma/GED, some college experience preferred
• At least two years of experience as a Restorative Practices Facilitator.
• Must complete 5-day Gryphon Place Facilitator Training.
• Must complete ASIST suicide intervention skills training through Gryphon Place.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid Michigan Driver’s License.
• Must be available between the hours of 8:00 am – 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, meeting deadlines both as
part of a team and independently.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in facilitating difficult conversations while centering repair of relationships.
• Ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Frequently required to sit for extended periods at a computer, use hands and fingers to
handle, feel or operate equipment and reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally required to present in front of groups in-person and virtually.
• Required to regularly talk, hear, stand, and walk.
• Occasionally required to lift, move, carry, pull and push files/objects up to 20 pounds while
sitting, standing, climbing or walking.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the employee(s) incumbents in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person
authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-