PURIS is hiring for the role of Production Technician. Join us in transforming the global food landscape with non-GMO, organic, plant-based solutions. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and a values-driven culture.
The PURIS end-to-end food system has grown over decades to benefit every link in the chain of food production. Our model is a foundation for health and happiness of Americans today, scalable to the needs of a growing planet tomorrow.
As a Production Technician at PURIS, you play a key role to ensure the plant has a 90% up time while completing your daily duties in plant operations & food safety. To ensure product quality, a clean work environment must be maintained, and Technicians are responsible to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority; therefore, Production Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for monitoring and operating plant equipment, controlling product flow to ensure the process is operating at peak performance; take immediate corrective action for all problems.
- Responsible for performing routine and non-routine tasks in a safe manner, in addition to supporting and abiding by the safety culture.
- May work various duties for the receiving in of raw material loads into the facility.
- Fulfill required documentation and process check sheets on a regular basis.
- Operate packaging equipment and perform quality checks throughout the process.
- Work in loading various types of shipping containers.
- Responsible for keeping plant clean and neat.
- Assist with plant preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Perform other tasks and projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Prior fork truck experience helpful
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety a plus
- 1 year or more in a manufacturing environment or some type of agricultural experience
Skills and Capabilities:
- Willingness to learn new things and help others.
- Writing and understanding written sentences, paragraphs, and directions in work related documents.
- Be able to use effective time management skills and be able to prioritize tasks
- Capable of physical labor
- Capable of wearing PPE; including, but not limited to: hearing, eye, and hand protection
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to reach above your head on occasion
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
Enjoy competitive wages, opportunities for overtime premium pay, and comprehensive benefits starting on the 1st of the month following hire date. Benefits include affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), mental health support, 100% paid life and disability insurance and a 401K plan with company match.
Join the Plant-Based Revolution:
Discover our commitment to regenerative agriculture, cutting-edge manufacturing, food security, and supply chain transparency. Visit www.puris.com to learn more.
Join Our Team:
To apply for the role of Production Tech, visit www.puris.com/careers. PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The hiring process includes successfully completing a background check, and drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP