Healing Patients. Healing Families. Healing Lives. Our mission is important to us because it’s important to those we serve. You will play a vital role in ensuring the growth and sustainability of our network through your support and initiative on behalf of the executive team.
In this position, you will provide high-quality administrative and clerical support to executives in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant’s duties include scheduling meetings and conference calls; making travel arrangements; organizing and maintaining daily calendars; conducting research; preparing statistical reports; handling information requests; and creating and maintaining documents/spreadsheets as needed. You will also mentor other executive clerical staff as needed.
Ultimately, the Assistant should be proactive and able to identify and address the needs of the Executive and perform administrative tasks to ensure Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America daily workflow runs smoothly.
This is an opportunity to work with a team to help us reach more patients, closer to their communities, closer to their homes, closer to their families, and Heal Lives.
The Joseph M. Still (JMS) Burn Center at Doctors Hospital traces its roots to an emergency room in 1978. The specialized needs of that first burn patient led to the creation of the JMS Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, GA. Four decades later JMS has grown to be the largest burn center in America with 72 total beds, including 36 in the Intensive Care Unit and a 75-million-dollar expansion project underway. Patients from nearly every state in America and more than a dozen countries have been treated here at JMS.
The JMS Burn Center at Doctors Hospital was also the beginning of our larger Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America burn care network, which brings comprehensive, convenient care to our patients on a national scale. Our clinical team is located across 12 hub hospitals in nine states, providing care at more than thirty clinical locations. These locations include: Atlanta (2006); Charleston, SC (2007); Jackson, MS (2008); Valdosta, GA (2010); Miami, FL (2012); Bradenton, FL (2015); Denver, CO (2015); Plano, TX (2015); Aurora, CO (2017); Brandon, FL (2018); Idaho Falls, ID (2019); and Las Vegas, NV (2019). We anticipate 2 – 3 additional hub hospitals in 2020 with additional clinic and outreach sites around the country.
About the Job:
• Maintains confidentiality with unquestionable integrity
• Coordinate daily calendars of Executive
• Plan/schedule appointments and events
• Schedule meetings and conference calls
• Act as the liaison point of contact between executives and employees/clients
• Create and maintain regular reports and update internal databases
• Make travel arrangements
• Triage and manage phone calls and emails
• Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
• Reviews a variety of materials, including reports, letters, and memos for content, and recommends changes.
• Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
• Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
• Review and recommend changes to company policies to improve office workflow
• Completes additional duties as assigned or requested
Education and Experience:
• At least four years administrative experience required, preferably at the Executive support level.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to move within office and between office buildings/sites
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Works in a climate-controlled office environment.
• Work is fast paced and sometimes stressful. Must be able to function well in this environment.