The Data Engineer & Database Administrator is a new combined role for Dura Supreme Cabinetry that will help us achieve our future initiatives as we continue to grow. As a member of our IT team it is a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our organization's data warehouse infrastructure. This role will contribute to the efficient storage, retrieval, and analysis of data, enabling informed decision-making across our locations.
Our ideal person is self-motivated to learn and explore new tools. They must possess the ability to think creatively with an enterprise mindset to do what is best for Dura Supreme. The ability to work and communicate with a variety of situations, departments, and people is a critical skill for this role. The goal is to support, grow, and continuously improve our decision support toolsets for the organization. This requires a willingness to support and promote change.
- This position does not offer sponsorship.
- Frequent interaction among teams, requiring onsite presence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains, tests and supports enterprise data warehouse solution.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and clients to understand data requirements and design efficient data warehouse solutions.
- Develops and maintains a robust data warehouse architecture that ensures scalability, performance, and data integrity.
- Provides technical assistance and advice for stakeholders including data, design, and product teams to assist with data related technical issues.
- Monitors and tunes the data warehouse performance to ensure optimal query execution and data retrieval times.
- Uses high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Manages database availability and performance, including incident and problem management.
- Performs capacity planning.
- Defines users and enables data security as appropriate.
- Provides proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determines, enforces and documents database policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitors database performance, implements changes and applies new patches and versions when required.
- Prepares necessary documentation and visuals to ensure clarity and firm understanding of developed data solutions.
- Provides on call and after hours support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in various data warehousing technologies, including ETL tools, SQL databases, and data modeling techniques
- 5+ years with Microsoft SQL Server Manager, Azure SQL Database management, SQL databases and queries
- Strong background in programming languages such as SQL
- Hands-on experience managing Oracle database environment is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- MS-Azure services including Data Factory
- Database Management tools
- Experience with data warehouse architectures
- Ability to design and develop ETL processes
- Strong analytical skills – ability to identify patterns and insights from large and complete data sets
- Collaboration skills – excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Very strong customer focus and relationship skills.
- 401(k) with Company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Voluntary benefits
- Employee discount