Streetsense seeks a highly motivated Real Estate Strategist to join our Place Consulting team. The Real Estate Strategist will work and collaborate closely with key team members in Research, Real Estate, Urban Planning, and Branding to provide, prepare, recommend, and implement real estate strategies for our clients. Strategies may include, but are not limited to, retail merchandising, mixed use amenity strategies, food and beverage, cultural additions, urban development, public uses and much more. Our canvas is the public realm of real estate - the connective tissue that knits together places and experiences.
This candidate should be able to understand the complexities of a market and a specific asset within a market, see the opportunities to differentiate our clients’ properties, make recommendations and build strategies that can distinguish the asset and bring success to our clients’ projects. Every property is different and so must be the solutions that are brought to the table, this job requires outside the box thinking, big ideas, bold vision, and the ability to tell a story around those ideas that bring the recommendations to life.
The Real Estate Strategist must be a strategic, creative, and solutions-focused thinker, embrace collaboration, have strong writing and communication skills and be a self-starter. The right candidate will be enthusiastic about improving places and communities, with a track-record that reveals a deep intellectual curiosity that inspires their work. This person will be able to work both independently and as a member of a diverse team and in diverse communities. This position may be hybrid or remote for the right candidate and will require the ability for overnight travel with some frequency.
- Independently tour markets and understand the landscape of uses and users and be able to identify voids and opportunities in the markets.
- Design and conduct comprehensive qualitative and quantitative research to gather and analyze facts and data that effect individual real estate assets.
- Create real estate strategies and merchandising plans with an understanding of the client's strategic financial and real estate goals.
- Identify market and project comparables from around the country and globe (as the case may require) and identify similarities, differences or influences those projects may have specific client work.
- Prepare work product and recommendations through highly graphic reports, charts, maps, and other multi-media information using such technology as Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), and other graphic database, presentation, and planning software.
On an as-needed basis, provide general project and operations support for Place Consulting;
- Prepare interview/pitch presentation decks, using baseline Streetsense marketing templates.
- Assist as needed in drafting new business presentation decks.
- Work within Streetsense company, financial and project tracking systems (currently Deltek, Slack, etc).
- Undergraduate degree in any of the following fields: urban planning, architecture, real estate, fashion or other closely related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the real estate industry – such as urban planning, real estate brokerage, architecture, planning, in-house with a retailer involved in real estate, in-house with a developer involved in asset management or leasing.
- Excellent business-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort and experience collaborating with diverse clients and audiences.
- Skills to present deliverables to clients
- Ability to travel with frequency, including multi-day overnight travel for client site visits.
- Experience in communicating/translating complex ideas as visual concepts, including a keen eye towards high-quality graphic representation and storytelling using imagery and graphics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and ideally Adobe products
- Passionate about retail, restaurants, real estate, placemaking and creating places and communities people love.
- Ability to take independent initiative and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, and problem solving-oriented.
- High attention to detail and best-in-class quality control.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.