Chief Development and Partnerships Officer - The Chief Development and Partnerships Officer (CDPO) will serve as one of the Foundation’s key external-facing leaders liaising with philanthropic, nonprofit, and civic leaders throughout our community while deeply engaging and inspiring the Foundation’s donor partners
We are Central Indiana Community Foundation, The Indianapolis Foundation, Hamilton County Community Foundation and Women’s Fund of Central Indiana–a $1 billion collective of philanthropic organizations committed to making Central Indiana a community where all individuals have equitable opportunity to reach their full potential – no matter place, race or identity.
What We’re Looking For:
The Indianapolis Foundation (TIF) seeks an authentic relationship builder and experienced and outstanding fundraiser to join its executive team to help create a more vibrant and opportunity-rich community. The Chief Development and Partnerships Officer (CDPO) will serve as one of the Foundation’s key external-facing leaders liaising with philanthropic, nonprofit, and civic leaders throughout our community while deeply engaging and inspiring the Foundation’s donor partners who recommended over $46 million in grants in 2022. This is an outstanding opportunity for a results-driven leader to help shape an iconic philanthropic institution founded more than 100 years ago that is charting its next phase of growth, refreshing its brand and market positioning, and launching a new strategic plan. Supervise the Director for Development.
Serve as the chief strategist and lead architect of an ambitious fundraising campaign that seeks to raise $100 million in new charitable contributions over the next 3 to 5 years to support goals and objectives outlined in the TIF strategic plan.
- Generate substantial co-investment funds from donor partners, businesses, philanthropic organizations, and governmental agencies to help tackle complex challenges facing Marion County and seize on opportunities for sustained impact.
- Strategically advise and partner with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and execute external campaigns that tell TIF’s story, connect with current and future donors, and position TIF as the philanthropic partner for Marion County.
- Collaborate with the Central Indiana Community Foundation’s Donor Engagement team to build a culture of philanthropy within TIF; train and activate a 14-person team as brand ambassadors, fundraisers, and champions for community impact.
- Build partnerships with local, state and federal government agencies that advance the mission and strategic goals of TIF.
- Mobilize and staff a committed board of community leaders to grow TIF’s impact throughout the region.
- In collaboration with the President of TIF, develop, execute, and evaluate the Foundation’s impact investing strategy in Marion County with a keen eye towards equity, learning, and data-driven results. This includes liaising and vetting opportunities with the leaders of IMPACT Central Indiana including the Presidents of The Indianapolis Foundation, Hamilton County Community Foundation and Central Indiana Community Foundation.
- Deeply partner with Foundation board committees and colleagues throughout the organization to ensure operational excellence internally and strategic impact externally.
For applicants who believe they can meet the overall expectations of the position, we encourage you to apply.
- Experienced. You have at least a Bachelor’s degree; a Master in Philanthropy and fundraising; an MBA or MPA highly preferred. At least 7 years of professional experience; 5+ years in a C-level role, or its equivalent, reporting to the CEO. Your track record on fundraising, business development, and launching new partnerships is second to none.
- Inspired. You are deeply committed to the idea of a community foundation and its possibilities for the community and you can inspire an audacious campaign setting a new standard for generosity in our community.
- Results-Focused. You consistently deliver measurable outcomes, leverage data of current donors and prospects for decision-making, and can juggle multiple priorities while achieving outstanding results.
- Builder. Relationships, teams, partnerships, and a shared vision – you build these with intentionality and rigor.
- Learner. You seek to understand the world around you, challenge your own viewpoints, and continually think about how to deliver better results with your team, colleagues, and external partners.
- Exceptional People Manager. Leading teams and helping your colleagues perform at their best are among your deepest passions. You offer constructive feedback in a timely manner, hold people with a developmental mindset, and create accountability around our shared work.
- Flexible. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; it invigorates you. You’re able to manage through complexity, coach team members and colleagues through challenges, and keep TIF’s mission and values at the center of key decisions.
- Inclusive. You understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t “nice to have,” but critical to enabling positive results. You insist on diversity of race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and lived experiences as you build coalitions.
What You Get:
$175,000 salary plus generous benefits, including:
- Employer-provided health, dental, vision
- 7% percent employer discretionary 403b contribution
- Potential for an annual bonus based on organizational and individual performance
- 10.5 paid holidays, including MLK Day and Juneteenth
- 20 PTO Days
- Flexible hybrid office environment (in office three days a week). Home base–English Foundation Building in downtown Indianapolis
- An opportunity to do meaningful, results-driven work with a passionate, diverse team, supporting organizations that are committed to building and maintaining a strong, equitable and supportive culture for our team of changemakers.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT:
Central Indiana Community Foundation, The Indianapolis Foundation, Hamilton County Community Foundation and Women’s Fund of Central Indiana are equal opportunity employers that seek to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and engaging.
Our mission is to mobilize people, ideas and investments to make Central Indiana a community where all individuals have equitable opportunity to reach their full potential—no matter place, race or identity.
Racism deeply impacts the well-being of our communities, compounding existing disparities and creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.