The Geotechnical Engineer will provide engineering support and consulting services for a variety of transportation projects and public clients. Primary duties will include: performing and/or coordinating field investigations, preparation of engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, development and design of geotechnical plans and specifications, observation and inspections, preparation and review of related reports for the services provided.
- Perform site characterization
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Prepare geotechnical reports and technical presentations to clients
- Perform geotechnical engineering analyses such as slope stability, external stability evaluation for retaining walls, foundation bearing capacity and settlement analysis
- Assist with pavement design recommendations
- Observe/supervise field observations and testing and conducting site visits.
- Conduct geotechnical subsurface investigations and provide detailed analysis and recommendations
- Perform construction quality assurance for civil and geotechnical engineering projects
- Review and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team-oriented environment.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and protective equipment policies, must demonstrate safe work practices and complete required safety training
- Must be able to use both hands and safely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must maintain assigned equipment and vehicles according to company procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related field.
- Registered Colorado Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in geotechnical or structural engineering
- Experience with construction projects related to transportation, roadways and bridges required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work both independently and within teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and various engineering software programs
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record required.
- Prior work experience in a construction or consulting engineering firm
- Proficiency in using gINT, Slope/W, and Slide2 or similar software programs
- Must be able to perform field work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- Willingness to work extended hours, nights or weekends as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Work will be performed in office environment, construction sites and lab environments.
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions and loud noises during field work (hearing protection provided).
- Office environment with computer workstation, moderate noise level.
RockSol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to pass a drug and alcohol test before beginning employment and are subject to random testing throughout the duration of their employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity