This position participates in the development of a platform software that runs on/in ruggedized displays and controller’s equipment used in high-end ski and wakeboard boats, recreational off-road vehicles, motorcycles, as well as industrial and off-highway equipment. This position also helps build and define cloud infrastructure in support of a full end-to-end development platform.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Primary responsibility will be creating and improving Embedded Software Applications to support various deployment vehicle and machine types.
• Participation in a team of C++ developers to create applications that drive vehicle infotainment, media, visual and cartography systems.
• Quickly understand the application requirements and make smart decisions about the best solution to a problem.
• Collaborate with the team to create simple and supportable designs as well as participate in implementing designs.
• Create accurate estimates of the time involved to finish tasks based on his own knowledge skills and abilities.
• Write software that adheres to coding standards and is supportable as well as meeting performance expectations.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Software Related Field of Study
• Experience in C++.
• Demonstrated ability to solve software problems via decomposition.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and understand multi-threaded applications.
• Familiar with Object Oriented Design Concepts.
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems using sound debugging techniques.
• Experience creating modular/reusable components
• Ability to use good time management skills
Additional Useful Experience Preferred
• Familiar with C#
• Experience with Engine Management and Vehicle systems (J1939, CAN)
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum Software Development team.
Employment subject to the ability to obtain U.S. export license