Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan!
Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
- Lead daily project execution with a multi-disciplinary team of business and IT resources
- Be hands on working side by side w/ all skill sets w/in the delivery team – clearing obstacles and driving execution forward
- Identify risks to successful delivery on time, w/in budget and w/ agreed upon quality. Articulate/implement risk mitigation strategies to ensure successful delivery
- Manage the selection of vendors, negotiate SOW’s and monitor execution by the vendors
- Facilitate clear communication paths w/in project delivery team and across the organization
- Manage the financials for each assigned project
- 5-10 years of work experience - at least 1 year in the last 3 years with a property and casualty organization
- 5+ years in an app dev PM role (rather than a digital, infrastructure or other PM role) w/in an organization using a structured methodology, ideally with a large enterprise organization, a large consultancy or a systems integrator
- Demonstrable experience w/ PM core competencies (i.e status, budget, roadmap, resourcing, etc.)
- Experience supporting both app dev and data focused initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal: able to communicate clearly w/ all levels of the organization – including executive leadership; able to concisely articulate the status of a project in the context of scope, schedule, budget and resources; able to articulate what needed for the project team to be successful in delivery (ex. Decisions by key stakeholders, escalation in the priority of the work, etc.); has experience putting together readout decks and leading presentations of those materials at key milestones during delivery
- Willing/able to operate in a shop where the PM also wears the BA hat, and thus is comfortable with BA competencies
- Self- motivated individual that will dig deep to uncover facts and not rely on assumptions or hearsay
- Liaison between Business Users and Technical team in analysis & design Well defined and structured individual who can document, track and work on Functional, Data requirements seamlessly with minimum supervision
- Plans, organizes and conduct walk through with Business Units and Technical team for common understanding across teams of requirements and sign off
- Capable of creating typical BA artifacts - including, but not limited to business requirement documents, functional gap analysis, current state vs. target state workflow diagrams, light (rough) wireframes
- Experience w/ Waterfall methodology - providing BA support across the full range of Waterfall project phases (discovery, reqs/analysis/design, build/test, Go Live, Warranty)
Additional desirable qualifications
- Has experience leading the RFI/RFP process including: drafting RFI/RFP requests for consumption by vendors, scoring RFI/RFP responses provided by vendors; leading vendor vetting and vendor negotiation processes
This position is a full-time exempt role out of our Newtown Square headquarters, with possible occasional time spent in NYC. Employment with Petplan includes a suite of competitive benefits, PTO and perks.
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.