A Flavor Account Executive opportunity is available for Lebermuth’s West Coast Region. Lebermuth specializes in essential oils, the building blocks of fragrances and flavors. If you’re looking for a rewarding and exciting career with a family-owned company, look no further! In joining Lebermuth, you’ll be part of a growing team of sales professionals who are supported by laboratory fragrance/flavor experts. Key components of the role include:
• Cold calling, warm calling and scheduling appointments with prospective customers
• Developing a targeted sales plan for the assigned territory
• Effectively presenting new product launches, market reviews and trend reports
• Representing Lebermuth at industry events
• Working closely with Lebermuth sales management and flavor staff
Qualified candidates offer a minimum of 5 years prior outside flavor sales experience and have the flexibility for approximately 40% travel. Candidates should also be effective at building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers; have strong verbal and written communication skills; and be familiar with CRM, manufacturing inventory control and order processing software. Experience working in the essential oil or fragrance industry is also preferred.
If you’re seeking a career opportunity in a trend setting industry, we invite you to explore Lebermuth at www.lebermuth.com and apply
Responsible for building long-term, profitable relationships with companies that can benefit from Lebermuth products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Approximately 90% of role:
• Increase Company revenue by prospecting for new clients
• Meet and exceed monthly and annual sales targets
• Respond to questions, concerns and requests from prospects
• Plan, develop and execute sales strategies for assigned region, from lead generation through closing
• Utilize various mediums (including personal visits, telephone calls and emails) and various techniques (including cold calls, warm calls and scheduled appointments) for prospecting to Lebermuth target markets
• Deliver sales presentations at customer and prospect sites, and negotiate terms agreeable to both parties
Approximately 10% of role:
• Work closely with multiple existing customers, internal and external groups (i.e. trade organizations and industry associations) in order to produce a winning effort
• Provide assistance to customer service/sales support, as needed, on any escalated customer issues or concerns
• Represent the interests of prospective customers to the Lebermuth team (i.e. relevant company information, status of sales close etc.)
• Provide feedback to Company Management regarding market trends, competitor offerings, prospect requests and product development ideas
• Assess and quantify total sales opportunity per prospect through the use of consultative, value based selling methods
• Continually expand knowledge base of products and solutions in order to articulate the benefits of Lebermuth product offerings
• Understand pricing strategy and competitive positioning in order to make appropriate recommendations
• Maintain accurate records of sales activities, contacts, opportunities, account information and pipeline activity in CRM
• Participate in events designed to increase Lebermuth exposure in the market, including trade shows, speaking engagements or other roles with trade associations, and telemarketing campaigns
• Continually strive to promote a safe food culture, ensuring the production and shipment of safe quality food products
• Other duties, as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write correspondence that is professional in both content and tone. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from both internal and external customers, and vendors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, discounts and decimals, and an understanding of the business principles of gross margin, cost of goods sold and net profit.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of CRM systems; MS Office applications; and manufacturing, inventory control and order processing software.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Valid driver’s license required.
Physical and Sensory Demands:
• Frequent travel, including day trip and overnight, utilizing various modes of transportation
• Frequent use of sense of smell
• Frequent/Daily use of vision abilities for close, distant, peripheral, depth and color recognition, with the ability to adjust focus
• Frequent/Daily periods of sitting, standing and walking
• Frequent use of hands and fingers to handle, reach, grip, grasp and twist
• Occasional need to kneel, stoop, bend and crouch
• Minimal lifting throughout a scheduled work day
• Occasional to regular need to climb stairs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Effective problem solving, listening and presentation skills
• Independent, self-starter
• Ability to multi-task
• Openness to others’ points of view; ability to give and receive feedback in a professional manner
• Ability to read and understand verbal and written instruction on an on-going basis
• Interest and willingness to assist Company Management in moving the business forward
• Ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
• Team player with leadership abilities
• Work environment encompasses Lebermuth premises as well as sites where job duties are performed for Lebermuth in the course of a normal work day
• Work environment is fast-paced and ever-changing
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to perfumes and airborne scents
• Noise level is usually moderate
• Work schedule is generally 8-5pm, but may vary (to include evenings and/or weekends) due to travel requirements and business needs