Sanctuary for Families is New York’s leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
The Assistant Contract Manager provides support to the contract management unit in contract formation and reporting to funders. The position has primary responsibility for invoicing on a majority of the government grants portfolio. S/he will also assist the contract management unit in maintaining updated contract summaries and reporting schedules.
• Completes monthly and quarterly financial reports to government funders;
• Coordinates with relevant program staff on collection of required back-up documentation required for invoicing;
• Tracks grant allocations in the Finance Department’s accounting database;
• Maintains a centralized file for government funding deadlines and assists Contract Manager in the collection and submission of program and data reports as instructed;
• Maintains updated contract summaries including budgets and deliverables for use by Finance, Development, Program, and Administrative staff;
• Assists Contract Manager in government contract formation on renewal grants, including completion of necessary forms, information gathering from the appropriate departments, and ensuring contract checklists are complete;
• Maintains contacts at government agencies and assumes responsibility for follow-up on invoice submissions;
• Assists Contract Manager in monitoring expenses against grant budgets and performance against deliverables;
• Performs any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by the Director of Contract Management and Compliance.
• BA/BS with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
• Experience working with government agencies and knowledge of government funding necessary.
• Experience in grants/contract reporting and compliance in the fiscal department of non-profit organization preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Ability to deliver results, and meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of fiscal reports.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel.