DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Summary of Position:
The Team Lead Case Manager II serves at the very core of the SRM mission. You will design, administer, follow-up, and continuously improve pathways (cases) that enable our SRM clients to move from the challenges of homelessness, poverty, physical and mental health issues to transformation and restoration. You will be part of an integrated team of dedicated professionals as you assess, manage, and encourage SRM clients to sustainable levels of self-sufficiency in the areas of Housing, Work/Income and Health. You will use evolving practices around assessments, case management, and motivation-oriented sessions. In this role, you will recognize and assess patterns, stay current with leading thinkers and research in the field of social work, and actively provide ideas and impetus for continuous improvement.
- Create, manage, maintain, and communicate cases using best-in-class (for SRM) case management practices, templates, and approaches as directed
- Interacting with and mentoring each team member, as needed, individually to build a more seamless team mentality and approach toward each other and work/teamwork.
- Establishing rapport, in more of a pastoral fashion, so as to ensure each member is treated and mentored as necessary to best suit each individual’s unique needs
- Establishing parameters and priorities for client care each morning in the RC, with respect to each individual client’s needs and requests for each specific day. This will better allow case managers to more appropriately serve their clients each day. I.e. no need to meet with case manager if a bus pass is all that’s needed.
- Mentoring each case manager to allow for better client service and provision of care for clients. Discussing tough situations and suggesting approaches to better appeal to specific and tougher clients.
- Verbal redirections to case managers and interns – with a follow-up report to Director for notification. It will be the Director’s responsibility to decide if the situation warrants additional follow-up and disciplinary action.
- Follow and facilitate connections with community partnership agencies such that available and appropriate resources are made accessible and available to clients (via active case management)
- Capture relevant notes and updates to cases in a consistent, accurate, and timely manner
- Participate in cooperative staffing efforts on behalf of active clients with other SRM staff and partner agency representatives when appropriate
- Stay current with social work research, developments, and policies as they apply to the vision and mission of the ministries here at Springs Rescue Mission
- Capable of understanding and utilizing SRM software systems and standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Master of Social Work (MSW) required
- Minimum of 4 years related experience with increasing responsibilities
- Experience using database and assessment management tools
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a constant witness. Christ-centered and compassionate attitude in dealing with people including the homeless and faithfully upholds and exemplifies SRM’s Statement of Faith
- Serve as an advocate for the homeless, raising awareness of the needs and concerns for the addicted and those in poverty, engaging others to influence a greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of the homeless in our Colorado Springs community
- Actively support our belief in the value of volunteers and interns to help accomplish the vision and mission of SRM and thus mobilize our community in the fight against addiction, poverty and homelessness
- Able to partner and collaborate effectively with other agencies, professionals and clinicians in social work and related disciplines
- Basic knowledge of our community of Colorado Springs, other agencies and resources that are involved with homelessness and extremely low-income individuals
- Experience working with clients undergoing trauma, addictions, physical and mental challenges, and homelessness
- Capable of being a supportive, engaged, active, encouraging teammate and collaborator with other SRM staff members and teams
- Capable of leading and encouraging other case managers and providing direction on challenging cases and situations
- Experience with case management concepts
- Deep experience with case management concepts and use amongst the target populations of SRM
- Some exposure to complex, multi-agency environments involving government agencies
- Significant exposure to complex, multi-agency environments involving government agencies
- Computer literate including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and use of the internet.
- Comfortable learning client management systems and software.
- Able to focus on multiple client issues while balancing a steady client caseload
- Organized, patient, focused and solution-oriented
- Capable of understanding and empathizing with clients--representing their best interests
- Capable of establishing and maintaining appropriate limits, expectations and boundaries for healthy self-care
- Cable of maintaining confidentiality with clients, partners, coworkers, and the community
- Maintains a sense of perspective and hope regardless of the perceived hopelessness of some of the cases and situations encountered—infects other staff, clients, volunteers, and interns with a sense that movement and change in our clients is possible
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS:
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
Frequent and regular interaction with low-income and disenfranchised population including but not limited to mentally ill, addicted and homeless
Climbing stairs – Occasionally
Extended periods of sitting – Occasionally/Frequently
Able to lift 20lbs - Occasionally
Work will be performed in a typical office environment
Computer and potentially tablets
VOIP office phone system
Personal mobile phone