Lyra Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing novel, integrated drug and delivery solutions for the localized treatment of patients with chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) and other chronic diseases. Lyra has two investigational product candidates, LYR-210 and LYR-220, in late-stage development for CRS, a highly prevalent inflammatory disease of the paranasal sinuses which leads to debilitating symptoms and significant morbidities. LYR-210 and LYR-220 are bioresorbable polymeric matrices designed to be administered in a brief, non-invasive, in-office procedure and are intended to deliver up to six months of continuous mometasone furoate drug therapy to the sinonasal passages as an alternative to sinus surgery. LYR-210 is designed for surgically naïve patients and is being evaluated in the ENLIGHTEN Phase 3 clinical program, while LYR-220, an enlarged matrix, is being evaluated in patients who have recurrent symptoms despite surgery in the BEACON Phase 2 clinical trial. These two product candidates are designed to treat the estimated four million CRS patients in the United States who fail medical management each year.
The Facilities Technician will be responsible for maintaining building operations and the functionality, safety, and efficiency of Lyra’s facilities, equipment, and utilities (FEU), including our new GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. They will perform and document the required maintenance and monitoring of FEU systems. The required duties include preventative/corrective maintenance and monitoring of Lyra’s FEU systems in support of uninterrupted manufacturing operations. Attention to detail and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Perform daily inspection rounds and ensure FEU in area of responsibility are safe, operational, calibrated and maintained per cGMP guidelines to support uninterrupted manufacturing operations
- Complete assigned work orders, preventative maintenance, and general office repairs accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform troubleshooting and necessary repairs to ensure FEU systems always remain safe and functional
- Adhere to all established Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Policies
- Schedule and coordinate equipment calibration and external maintenance; accompany vendors on-site, as necessary
- Ensure adequate inventory of critical spare parts are available on-site
- Document all work performed within Lyra’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Train new employees on the maintenance of equipment, safety of equipment, SOPs and GMPs on an as needed basis
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Post-secondary degree, certification(s), or equivalent experience in a technical discipline related to MEP, utilities or trades
- 3+ years of experience operating and maintaining facility equipment and critical utility systems, preferably in the biotech, medical device, or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong understanding and field experience with HVAC, compressed air generation systems, compressed gases, vacuum systems, water purificaiton systems, boilers and water heaters, wastewater treatment, and electrical systems
- Exceptional equipment troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, adaptability, and an ability to work under pressure
- Computer systems literacy with Building Management Systems (BMS), Central or Environmental Monitoring Systems (CMS/EMS), and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is preferred
- Must be able to work onsite daily and willing to have flexible schedule during peak times, which may include supporting critical operations outside of normal work hours, as needed
- Additionally, this position is required to stand on a regular basis and use hands and arms to lift and reach. Must be able to lift/move packages and material weighing up to 50 lbs
At Lyra, we value creativity, leadership, and collaboration. The company sees significant expansion opportunities for our platform, and looks for people who are driven to persevere, adapt, innovate to help us succeed. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and CV.