A Kids Alive Overseas Volunteer Intern works on behalf of vulnerable children in our schools, care centers, or residential homes. The intern serves the needs of the ministry using their gifts, experiences, and skills.
This is an internship position for which the individual raises funds for their expenses.
Key responsibilities may involve:
- Tutoring children in English, math, language, reading, and writing
- Leading or assisting in teaching math, English, art, music, dance, or preschool classes
- Leading or helping with Awana groups, Bible studies, spiritual mentor groups, devotions, Vacation Bible School, or Christian Camps
- Participation in Intern small group devotions
- Leading sport clinics
- Helping staff with house chores—cooking, cleaning, and general care of facilities
- Working with Student Champions, GO! Teams, and related projects
- Administrative assistance in the ministry's offices
- At least 18 years of age
- Has experience working with and is able to provide leadership to children
- Agrees with our Statement of Faith (https://www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/what-we-believe/)
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Participates in a community of faith and active relationships with other Christians
- Has a strong, effective, and fruitful Christian witness.
- Equipped to handle spiritual battles
- Initiates and sustains personal spiritual growth
- Physically fit to adapt to the climate, natural environment, and physical demands of work at any of our sites.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time, perform various tasks of manual labor
- Demonstrates overall strong self-management and hygiene.
- Willingness to be flexible with time, schedules, and location of service
- Communicates and works well with others
- Capable of resolving conflict with others
- Humble willingness to work under authority
- Demonstrates emotional maturity and a high emotional intelligence
- Willing and able to accept and adapt to the stress, struggles, and confusion of living in an under-resourced country, which may include:
- Living far away from familiar people and environments
- Speaking a foreign language
- Relating to a foreign culture and its different social norms
- Encountering and engaging with extreme levels of poverty
Our Core Christian Beliefs:
Our team members come from a wide range of Christian denominations and thus live their faith with a variety of practices. We all hold to the following core beliefs. By applying, you affirm that you agree and believe these with us:
- We believe in the one infinite God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, and that, as the Son of God. He became incarnate by the Holy Spirit, being born of the Virgin Mary; that He truly rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is now there engaged in intercession for us at the right hand of the Father.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead, and that He is ever present and active in and with every true born child of God, and that He is present to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments are given by divine inspiration; that they are infallible, supreme, and the final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death or separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures; that He, as the representative and substitutionary sacrifice for sin, obtained redemption by the shedding of His blood for all who believe in Him.
- We believe in "that blessed hope," the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who repent of their sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are freely justified by the Father, born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
You will be asked to upload a cover letter or resume. The application must be completed all at once. We hope it will not take more than 30 minutes of your time.
Kids Alive International is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
For more information or to request disability accommodation contact: email@example.com.