The Joseph M. Still (JMS) Burn Center at Doctors Hospital traces its roots to an emergency room in 1978. The specialized needs of that first burn patient led to the creation of the JMS Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, GA. Four decades later JMS has grown to be the largest burn center in America with 72 total beds, including 36 in the Intensive Care Unit and a 75-million-dollar expansion project underway. Patients from nearly every state in America and more than a dozen countries have been treated here at JMS.
The JMS Burn Center at Doctors Hospital was also the beginning of our larger Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America burn care network, which brings comprehensive, convenient care to our patients on a national scale. Our clinical team is located across 12 hub hospitals in nine states, providing care at more than thirty clinical locations. These locations include: Atlanta (2006); Charleston, SC (2007); Jackson, MS (2008); Valdosta, GA (2010); Miami, FL (2012); Bradenton, FL (2015); Denver, CO (2015); Plano, TX (2015); Aurora, CO (2017); Brandon, FL (2018); Idaho Falls, ID (2019); and Las Vegas, NV (2019). We expect continued growth for the next several years.
Contracts with insurers, with hospitals, with physicians, with vendors, for services, for students, with benefit providers, with an unbelievable amount of stakeholders. It seems everything we do has a contract attached. Some expire, some require invoices, some require data collection, and some require reporting. But one thing every one of these contracts, agreements, codicils, or memoranda has in common is that they help us accomplish our mission of Healing Patients. Healing Families. Healing Lives. And our mission is important to us because it’s important to those we serve.
As the Contract Compliance Coordinator, you will provide administrative and research support services for commercial agreements, insurance policies, employment agreements, and other contract matters. You will prepare and review documents; maintain document storage software; interact with customers; perform relevant research, investigations, fact checking; and support resolution of commercial disputes.
About the Job
Provide day to day support reviewing contracts
Collect, coordinate, and invoice expenses under various commercial agreements.
Draft correspondence, documents, and reports
Maintain commercial agreements, documents, and ensure all information is organized in both paper and electronic filing systems
Review and provide exception reports for all Professional Service Agreements
Liaison with other departments
Prepare, organize, store, and retrieve contracts
Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred
• Paralegal certificate required
• Relevant experience with commercial contracts and private enterprise preferred
Skills you must possess:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment
• Ability to communicate clearly and develop good working relationships with co-workers, customers, external legal counsel.
• Ability to organize, document and present research in a clear and articulate way
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and seek assistance when appropriate.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce.
Personal characteristics desired:
• Comfort with chaos
• Action oriented
• Clear communicator
• Change champion
• Business acumen and financial ability