The SUE Technician I assist the SUE Crew Chief with locating sub-surface utilities using Electromagnetic (EM) and Ground Penetrating Radars (GPR). This individual is responsible for contributing towards a positive and collaborative working environment with other technicians and crew chiefs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with Crew Chief and Field Project Manager to ensure expectations and project tasks are met.
- Perform Sub-Surface Utility Engineering services for both internal and external clients as directed.
- Ensure that project tasks and data collection are completed with high quality, accuracy, and thoroughness to meet regulatory requirements of the company and client
- Operate equipment with safety and quality practices to maintain a safe work environment
- Prepare company vehicle daily for field tasks with proper equipment and maintain a clean and organized vehicle.
- Adhere to our core values of integrity, respect, quality, community, and sustainability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
- Familiarity with utility locating and equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General understanding of utility infrastructures
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to make accurate and informed decisions
- Flexibility to travel and stay overnight for certain out of town work
- Process oriented
- Strong technical skills and a good sense of direction.
This job is performed outdoors in areas such as residential neighborhoods and roadways. Incumbents will be exposed to uneven terrain and all types of weather conditions.
To perform the essential functions of the job, incumbents will be required to stand/walk for long periods of time outdoors and may be required to perform moderately strenuous tasks, such as lifting and carrying equipment up to 50 pounds.