The SUE Party Chief supervises a field crew. The SUE Party Chief possesses the ability to perform Sub-Surface Utility Engineering (SUE) and has experience with Electromagnetic (EM) and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) equipment. This individual is responsible for the effective performance, training, and safety of all members of the SUE field crew. The SUE Party Chief possesses strong decision-making skills and understanding of sub-surface utilities. They are responsible for contributing towards a positive and collaborative working environment with other technicians and crew chiefs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead SUE crew to perform Sub-Surface Utility Engineering services for both internal and external clients
- Communicate with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to the project.
- Responsible for operating equipment, ensuring crew members follow the proper protocols while operating equipment, and maintaining a safe work environment
- Maintain the overall quality of work with accuracy and thoroughness to meet regulatory requirements of the Company and Client
- Accurately and efficiently collecting field data and locating features
- Manage time effectively, organize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet project deadlines and client needs
- Adhere to our core values of integrity, respect, quality, community, collaboration, and sustainability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
- 3-5 years of experience locating underground utilities using SUE equipment (GPR and EM)
- 1+ years of experience leading an SUE crew.
- Prior work experience with Vacuum Excavation
- Experience using Total Stations and GPS equipment
- Strong working knowledge of utility infrastructures
- Strong client focused relationship skills including communication and organization
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to make accurate and informed decisions
- Flexibility to travel and stay overnight for certain out of town work.
- Candidates must be available for 25% overnight travel.
- Process oriented
- Possess strong technical skills and a good sense of direction
This job requires a person to be able to stand/walk for long periods of time. Be exposed to uneven terrain and all types of weather conditions being outside most of the workday.
Incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time and must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.