Under general supervision of the Director of Marketing and Guest Experience, customize engaging digital and traditional marketing and advertising strategies for branding and special events. Areas of concentration include but are not limited to marketing campaigns, press releases, media buying, promotions, and publicity.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Research, develop and execute a strategic marketing plan for the Gas South District’s brand, venues, and special events. Collaborate with marketing team to execute cross-channel marketing platforms.
- Create branding content strategy with engaging and relevant text that resonates with the target audience.
- Create and monitor performance reports, utilizing data to provide insight and optimization recommendations.
- Plan, analyze and optimize website content for search engines to increase organic and paid traffic.
- Develop and leverage partnerships with customers, clients, industry influencers and industry associations to promote and enhance the Gas South District brand.
- Provide branding related content for social, website, and blog.
- Create and implement grass roots initiatives for branding efforts.
- Coordinate with Business Development to support our sponsors/partners in campus brand activations, as well as marketing opportunities between the Gas South District brand and partner brands.
- Write or review press releases, public service announcements, and weekly calendars concerning venue activities and special events.
- Coordinate and execute media events and interviews for branding and special events.
- Research and follow current industry marketing trends, possible events, venue marketing efforts, and implement best practices in the day-to-day activation.
- Assist in the design and development of sales and marketing materials such as posters, flyers, publication articles, collateral, industry advertising, venue signage, and digital board graphics.
- Assist in the creation, management and activation of venue branding, marketing and communication initiatives including but not limited to departmental budgeting, annual marketing plan creation, community relations programming, and internal/external venue publicity efforts.
- Daily monitoring of local and national news related to Gas South District.
- Maintain brand consistency, excellent communication, and guest awareness.
- Support the coordination of speaking points for various department heads and events.
- Assist with creating presentation materials for department heads.
- All other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the principles, practices, and terminology of advertising, marketing, and communications.
- Detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees, clients, guests, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, public relations, mass communications, journalism or related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience in a marketing or communications capacity, preferably in a special events facility or related environment. At least two years of experience or a combination of four years of education and work experience. Marketing agency experience is a plus, but not required.