In this role, your primary responsibility is to identify and secure new clients for Imarc by showcasing the unique benefits and value that set our strategic, over 26-year-old agency apart. Our emphasis is predominantly on B2B marketing, and we intentionally cater to various industries, such as technology, cybersecurity, healthcare, professional services, and nonprofits. Thriving on a consultative approach, your expertise in marketing will be crucial for developing strategic and effective plans that contribute to our client's success. Collaboration with the business development team, led by the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and including the account management team, is integral. We are specifically targeting SMB and enterprise clients seeking a long-term partnership that delivers substantial value and the desired results. Imarc is committed to being strategically yours.
- Prospecting and lead generation to identify and target potential clients through market research, industry events, and networking. Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of leads through proactive outreach and engagement.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders. Understand client needs, challenges, and objectives to tailor proposals and solutions effectively. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator and is well-versed in maintaining and proposing effective solutions that will benefit the client and the agency.
- Proposal Development:
- Take the time to listen and learn about the client's business to tailor their approach and solutions accordingly.
- Successful individuals are adept at problem-solving, and finding creative solutions to overcome obstacles and meet client needs.
- Lead the proposal process with our team of directors, strategists, and SMEs to create compelling and customized proposals for potential clients. Identify the WHY to craft a story that will engage prospects and help them understand they should work with us.
- Strategically develop effective business development plans. The ability to align business goals with marketing strategies and adapt to changing market conditions is essential.
- Ensure proposals align with client objectives and showcase the agency's capabilities.
- Lead presentations both internally and externally with prospective clients.
- Internally your focus is to prepare the internal team by sharing prospect information, guiding the strategy, and assigning roles. Often an agency can be selected based on our chemistry as a team, so it is important to foster a culture of cross-functional teamwork to deliver exceptional client experiences.
- Externally you will need to effectively communicate the agency’s value proposition, our differentiators, and why Imarc is the right choice for our prospects while showcasing our portfolio and past success.
- Market Analysis: Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and market changes. Provide insights and recommendations to the leadership team based on market analysis.
- Familiarity with HubSpot and Zoominfo, analytics platforms, Asana, and Google Suite, is advantageous. This includes daily administration and maintenance of HubSpot profiles, roles, and users.
- Contract Negotiation: Work closely with legal and finance teams to negotiate terms, pricing, and contracts with potential clients. Ensure agreements are in line with the agency's policies and profitability goals. Bring in the assigned Account Manager to help close the deal as we transition from prospect to client.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven track record in agency business development or a related sales role.
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape and trends.
- Adaptability, resilience, and a willingness to embrace new challenges. The ability to learn from setbacks and persist in the face of obstacles is crucial.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Results-oriented with a focus on meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Ethical behavior is fundamental to building trust with clients. Successful consultants operate with integrity, ensuring transparency and honesty in their interactions and transactions.
What Imarc offers
Imarc is a premier full-service digital agency. We do it all – from brand strategy to website development and everything in between – and we do it well. We have won over 200 industry awards, we have made the Inc 5000 list seven times, and we were named by the Boston Business Journal as one of the top five firms in Massachusetts.
We live and breathe for our clients, and our relationships with them are built on mutual trust and commitment. We are proud to say that some of our clients have been with us since the very beginning. We have the honor of working with some incredible brands including JetBlue, Red Bull, Marriott, Breezeline, and many more.
We believe in building deep connections with our clients and with each other. Everything we do is done with growth in mind, both professionally and personally. We believe in work-life balance and encourage all Imarcians to take their earned time off doing what they love.
We offer lots of tangible benefits that you're probably interested in including: Paid vacation, personal time, and holidays – including half-day Fridays in the summer and paid time off from Christmas to New Year's Day. A company-sponsored retirement plan and an attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance. A great work environment with your favorite laptop, standing desks, friendly co-workers, and a sweet dog named Rocky.
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you. You'll get bonus points for a thoughtful cover letter. We sometimes publish our job listings on other sites, but we prefer that people apply on our Paylocity portal. If you're on another site reading this, click here to apply.