Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Partnered with the FAA, we work with state and local governments and commercial operators to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships and thought leadership.
Airspace Link is a post-Series B high-growth data and software startup based out of Detroit. Offering Hybrid and fully Remote work options, we are an award-winning company of 50+ team members that focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds and perspectives can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate innovators.
Job title: Project Manager, GIS
Reporting to the Director of Solutions, you will apply your project management and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) expertise to advancing the UAS industry forward. As lead on a team customizing complex GIS-based solutions for drone operations, you will manage multiple small to mid-size projects tailored uniquely to solve the complex needs of our commercial and government clients. This role requires strong project management skills, geospatial data acumen, and refined people leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage comprehensive project plans for Esri-based professional services offerings
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project requirements, objectives, and success criteria
- Track and manage project tasking, milestones, and deadlines to ensure timely and successful delivery of projects
- Lead a small project team that includes GIS developers, data analysts, and domain experts
- Foster a collaborative and goal-oriented team culture
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients and stakeholders in the UAS Industry
- Communicate project status, updates, and key milestones effectively
- Develop and manage project timelines and budgets, considering the unique challenges of UAS projects
- Maintain information security within your area of the organization
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business, Geography, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, 4+ years of Project Management experience. PMP preferred
- Strong Project Management rigor and expertise in its core competencies. Ability to define and implement best practices across the organization
- GIS acumen with experience with Esri technology
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills at all levels of stakeholders including external customers and clients
- Great organizational and time-management skills
- Passion for UAS industry and ability to thrive in a startup environment
Travel Required: <15%
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt, 40 hours per week
Location: Hybrid, with 2-3 days based out of Newlab at Michigan Central Innovation Hub in Detroit, MI
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Background Check: Employment offers for this role are contingent on a satisfactory completion of a background check.