Location: Berlin, CT
Title: Marketing Manager
Position Status: Full Time
The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the company’s marketing programs and processes. In this role, you will take charge in the areas of project management, idea creation including campaigns for products and events, managing social media platforms and producing reporting for budget and tracking purposes. You will collaborate internally with several departments as well as maintaining relationships with key publications and marketing outlets and having a strong relationship with the Creative Team. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, creativity and will be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Manage marketing projects with interaction from Management, Sales, Purchasing, Creative Art Department and Product Line Managers. Ensure project organization and timelines, communicating project related goals to Creative Team.
- Collaborate with Art Director and Sales to develop monthly campaigns for existing products and events
- Works closely with graphics team to ensure content aligns with business and marketing strategies
- Bridges the gap between Product development, Marketing and Sales to enhance customer experience. Transfers to the sales team through a marketing plan and training the products full features and benefits as well as concept origination.
- Refine and maintain various marketing processes, report on performance, follow up on deadlines and due dates
- Conduct market research and produce reports
- Presents and builds an annual marketing plan with budgetary projections, including tracking marketing expenditures and balance against approved budget
- Creates presentations and plans for review
- Manage social media platforms company-wide and provide analytics on performance, including building strategies to ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments and stakeholders on the creation of content marketing projects
- Maintain relationships with key publications and marketing outlets
- Coordinate and collect information for company’s internal e-newsletter, company announcements and notices
- The ability to travel to national and international tradeshows throughout the year (2-4 times/year)
- Demonstrate collaboration with employees and management on responsibilities, projects, issues and opportunities utilizing company's tools with a transparent approach
- Comprehensively maintain documented systems and processes and present to employees and management
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down and manage complex tasks
- Strong communication skills that demonstrate the ability to effectively interact in The Music People’s best interest with internal and external parties
- Ability to manage multiple projects, vendors, customers and departments simultaneously and prioritize
- Ability to present information in a concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Supportive approach, strong work ethic, and personable
- 3-5 years’ experience in process-driven, Marketing Agency environment working with national brand accounts
- Educational Background: College Graduate with Marketing Degree
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, locations and leadership
For almost 40 years, The Music People has been a highly respected, international business-to-business distributor of music equipment accessories and professional audio, video, and lighting gear to music retailers and sound contractors. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in the Greater Hartford Region in 2018. We offer an excellent work/life balance, progressive compensation package with grow potential, multiple health care options and 401K with an employer match.