Concrete Polishing Technologies is a leading innovator in the flooring industry specializing in polished concrete. We provide nationwide, quality flooring services to architects, facility owners, engineers, and general contractors.
The ideal candidate (under direct supervision of the Director of Business Support) will be a strong leader who maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices as well as ensuring an enjoyable and safe workplace for everyone. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
Responsibilities of the Human Resource Manager
- Planning, implementation and coordination of recruitment efforts
- Responsible for onboarding new employees both in the office and remotely
- Supports our leadership team in managing employee relations
- Manage payroll (responsible for the accuracy of weekly payroll) including weekly and monthly commission check processing as well as weekly payroll for the two companies under the CPT umbrella
- Maintains and responsible for the accuracy of HRIS system (child support, garnishment, deductions, etc.)
- Responsible for all year end filings including EEO reports, ERISA 5500, Section 125 Non-discrimination testing, ACA filings, etc. as required by law Manage the GL, Workers Compensation, and Liability coverages for the companies including year-end audits for all plans
- Responsible for employee benefits administration including negotiation with providers
- Conducts open enrollment and other company wide meetings for employees
- Update current job descriptions
- Will be responsible for updating all policies to make sure they are current
- Examine workplace conditions to make sure they conform to applicable OSHA standards
- Monitors workers compensation cases, accidents, etc. and follows up with paperwork to make sure claims are paid
- Manages, communicates and continually updates policies and procedures to reflect our culture and commitment to safety
- Coordinates benefits and payroll with traveling employees and those who live in other states and work off-site
- Serve as a subject matter expert in meetings with department heads and upper management
- Other tasks as assigned
Requirements & Skills
- Excellent customer service skills (professional, patient, calm manner with an ability to explain concepts and solutions)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize appropriately
- 7-9 years previous experience in HR preferably with a construction company
- 3-5 years previous experience in HR working with labor unions (hours, fringe reports, contract negotiation, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Human Resource regulations and standards
- Knowledge in Employment Law
- Knowledge in OSHA Federal Compliance
- Knowledge of union bargaining, contracts (NMA, SER, CBA), reporting, and payroll
- Knowledge of CCIP requirements and compliance
- Knowledge of Certified Payroll and compliance
- Able to handle confidential information professionally.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations and persons in a positive and professional manner
- At least 2 years of Paylocity HRIS system knowledge is preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Qualifications and Education
- 7-9 years previous HR experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or similar field or a High school diploma with more than 10 years experience in a construction company as an HR Manager
- OSHA 10 or 30 certification is preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification as well as CBP certification is preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification is preferred
Employees are provided sick leave and vacation leave as well as paid holidays. Generous health care premium sharing plans are available with Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Additional supplemental plans such as Life Insurance, accident plans, cancer plans, and short-term disability benefits are offered through AFLAC. After one year of continuous service you will be eligible to enroll in the company 401k plan during the next enrollment period.