POSITION SUMMARY: Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by working with New Roots for Refugees, a program helping refugees start their own small businesses growing and selling organically grown produce in Kansas City. This position will coordinate all sales outlets for New Roots farmers, responsible for planning, forecasting, and sales growth. EEO.
- Coordinate each sales stream for New Roots program and farmers—farmers’ markets, farm share (also known as CSA), and wholesale.
- Recruit new customers for farm share, wholesale, and online orders; manage relationships with existing customers.
- Work with farmers and staff to forecast and set annual sales goals for each sales stream and each individual farming family.
- Support sales growth, new customers, and product diversity.
- Supervise sales staff.
- Work with team to support educational aspects of programming related to sales and business development, including workshops and field trips.
- Continuously review and analyze sales outlets and provide direction for prioritization.
- Collect data necessary for grant reports.
- Oversee sales tracking platforms and ensure all sales data is recorded and accurate.
- Collaborate with Cultivate Kansas City staff to achieve program goals. Support team members to achieve program goals during the growing season or when program gaps occur.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in sales required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in local food or restaurant industry preferred.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in sales, business, or related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience in providing direct service to refugees and immigrants preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Ability to interact effectively with community partners and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of Local Food Marketplace or other sales software preferred
- Detail oriented and flexible- must be able to manage complex projects on a short timeline with frequent changes
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass DOT screening.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
***$22.50-$25 per hour depending on experience