Position Type: Salaried; exempt
Compensation: $75,000/year; eligible for benefits, including healthcare
Required Travel: Local & International - occasional 1-3 times per year possible
Deadline: Position is open until filled
Who We Are
Africa New Life’s mission to transform lives and communities through the two hands of the gospel is not limited to lives and communities in Rwanda; it also pertains to our people (staff) and culture. At Africa New Life (U.S.), our people are highly valued and acknowledged as our most important resource. Our prayer for your time at Africa New Life is that you feel secure in your place on the team, meaningfully challenged in your role, and joyful about your work as we serve Rwanda together. We hope that when you leave Africa New Life, your leadership ability will be stronger, your heart will be larger, and you will be better equipped for your “next step,” whatever it might be.
This is a strategic leadership role for a candidate who is looking to grow their finance and leadership skills in the nonprofit space. This position is responsible for leading and safeguarding the US financial operations as a member of both the US Leadership Team (made up of Executive Leaders and Managers), and the US Operations Department. This role will lead the accounting staff members, collaborate with our Systems Manager on processes and information systems, work with finance leaders in Rwanda and England, and support the responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer/Director of Operations by performing the following essential duties:
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
1. Conducts financial analysis and reporting to support decision making by US Leadership Team
2. Maintains & updates financial and operational policies,
3. Oversees the annual budget and audit processes.
4. Manages the accounting information systems.
5. Manages the Portland office facility (leases, equipment, supplies, logistics, safety protocols)
Note: this is an in-person position, reporting to and working from the office daily (weekdays).
An ideal candidate is a follower of Jesus Christ who has a desire to learn, grow, and develop new ways of approaching their work to make the organization better and more efficient.
The candidate should have:
- A basic understanding of US GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles), especially in relation to nonprofit entities
- Experience with audit activities
- Experience with financial reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, and general accounting operations (A/P, A/R, payroll, etc.)
- Technological savvy with advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Keen analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Must agree with Africa New Life’s statement of faith, which can be found here: https://www.africanewlife.org/about-us/#faith .
Africa New Life has the goal of increasing the diversity of our Team so that we can benefit from the insights and strengths of people from different cultural, ethnic, ability and generational backgrounds.
If this role and the ministry of Africa New Life sound like a good fit for you, then we invite you to submit an application, resume, and cover letter through our website at: https://www.africanewlife.org/careers/
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We will review applications and contact selected candidates to schedule an interview.
Africa New Life Ministries does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.