About Med Communications
Med Communications International is dedicated to delivering high-quality medical affairs, pharmacovigilance, and commercial solutions to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies while building positive, outgoing client relationships and providing employees with a meaningful professional experience
The Inquiry Medical Information Specialist (IMIS) is responsible for responding to inquiries from Health
Care Professionals by conducting an appropriate exchange of scientifically accurate, focused, and
balanced product knowledge. Consumer inquiry support may also be required.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-6:00pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Respond to HCP inquiries (via calls/web/emails/letters) and conduct appropriate scientific information exchanges with the HCPs.
- Provide after-hours contact support as needed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of inquiry fulfillment systems as applicable.
- Record each contact accurately in an inquiry fulfillment system, consistent with company operational procedures.
- Comply with all guidelines, policies, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Meet or exceed service levels and targets for internal and external customers.
- Participate in scientific training as appropriate to support assigned brands.
- Participate in training of new hires or staff changing support areas
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Organized - Possesses the trait of being well organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the client needs while following company procedures.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
Education: Bachelor's or Associate's degree in nursing (RN). Current RN license.
Experience: One to three years of related clinical experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Prefer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Above average attention to detail, teamwork and initiative.
- Ability to interact with other departments within the company and be proficient in e-mail and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word and quickly able to learn new software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in drug information communication and management.
- Ability to apply regulatory and compliance guidelines to content development.