Perfect Polish, the country’s leader in polished concrete and resinous flooring solutions, is expanding operations and is seeking regionally located, motivated Project Supervisors who are ready to join the rewarding field of Polished Concrete. You can build an amazing career with us that includes nationwide travel, competitive pay, and training. Our field teams work with some of the nation’s most prominent retailers, educational institutions, and commercial companies.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Supervisor will support the Company’s operational mission through managing all aspects of multiple projects to include but not limited to crew needs, safety, budgets, inventory, production, deadlines and goals in the Operations department in accordance with company guidelines and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures. Perform all duties assigned by the Operations Manager or designated manager. Must know, practice and ensure that the company policies and procedures are followed at all times. Per Diem and travel accommodations are provided to all Field Supervisors as well as the use of company trucks while on the job.
Responsibilities of the Project Supervisor:
- Manages all activities on job site
- Ability to assign daily work
- Ensures quality work by personal inspection
- Acts as job-site liaison with Project Manager, Director of Operations, construction crews, contractors, and customers/owners
- Maintains equipment maintenance schedules and proper operation
- Ensures safety practices are upheld at all times
- Oversee and manage projects to assure safe, efficient, professional, and profitable completion
- Supervise field staff; Plan and manage assigned crew work hours; Track field personnel’s time and attendance
- Ensure adherence to customer’s specifications and applicable regulations
- Maximize use of personnel and equipment for efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide technical expertise to complete project safely, on time, and within budget
- Train and assist assigned employees with job acceptable job performance
- Anticipate/recognize unusual project situations; make recommendations for effective resolution
- Adhere to and enforces safety policies
- Conduct weekly safety meetings and toolbox topics; recognize and plan for potentially hazardous situations
- Confirm all required documents are completed and transmitted in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Complete daily time tickets
- Oversee completion of all job and project paperwork, including client forms
- Provide timely and accurate project status updates to management
- Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics"
- Actively support the Company’s commitment its Core Values, including safety, quality, schedule
- Analyze material usage, and job timeline to increase efficiency and reduce errors
- Provide an example of good leadership. Keep open effective lines of communication with division staff and operation level personnel
- Coordinate work with all areas of the job site.
Skills and/or Knowledge Requirements of the Project Supervisor:
- Extensive Construction knowledge
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Proven track record of supervising crew while ensuring productivity, quality and fostering a safe work environment
- Experience in overseeing several different job-sites simultaneously
- Inventory control/supplies management experience
- Submitting job material & progress reports
- Ability to make decisions and motivate subordinates
- Ability to guide and direct
- Get along well with other and lead a team efficiently
- Prioritize and delegate tasks effectively
- Exercise sounds judgment and communicate well with a team, co-workers, management and clientele
Physical Requirements of the Project Supervisor:
The physical requirements of the position are Medium to Heavy Physical Work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Visual activity requirements include color and depth perception. There will be frequent standing, watching, listening, walking, talking and could be some running, jumping, yelling or other rapid or forceful movement in an emergency situation.
Physical Working Conditions of the Project Supervisor:
This is a travelling position that is subject to varying warehouse and construction environments, including temperature changes, elevated ambient noise levels and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with machine emissions in certain areas of the facility.
Education and Other Skills:
- Previous experience in grinding and polishing concrete and experience with resinous flooring installation is required
- Applicant should have a High School Diploma or a GED with at least one year of previous supervisory experience
- Must have a valid Driver License with a clean MVR
- Must pass a pre-employment NON - DOT Drug Screening
- Must be authorized to work in the United States