TITLE: Success Fellow
REGION: Contra Costa County
LOCATION: Hybrid (on-site + remote)
REPORTS TO: Community College Success Program Manager
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
10,000 Degrees is the leading, equity-focused scholarship provider and college success nonprofit in California. Our mission is to achieve educational equity and to support students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to realize their full potential and positively impact their communities and the world. We envision a world where all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic background will have the full range of educational opportunities, support, and resources to realize their potential. Accepting a role at 10,000 Degrees implies personal commitment to this mission.
Our Fellows provide the most direct support to students and families by providing guidance for succeeding in college and the workforce, assisting with financial aid application, facilitating college readiness, hosting success workshops, and representing the organization at fundraising and appreciation events. Fellows tend to be recent college graduates who can relate to the backgrounds of the students we serve. This position is a 3-year commitment and offers broad professional development in preparation for career advancement opportunities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Excellent healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; check out our full benefit options HERE
- 15 days paid vacation + holidays and paid sick leave
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Professional development including conferences, seminars, webinars, and directed career advice
To perform the essential functions of this position, employees may be required to:
- Sit, stand, talk, hear, reach, stoop, kneel and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, and keyboard.
- Have close-vision ability due to computer work.
- Engage in moderate, occasional lifting.
- Have a reliable means of transportation to attend regular work as well as other off-site business functions.
Note: Due to the nature and conditions of our work, applicants must submit to fingerprinting and provide a clear tuberculosis (TB) test as part of the background check.
10,000 Degrees is an equal opportunity employer offering a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another as well as the students, families, and communities we support. We recruit, hire, employ, train, promote, and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and abilities.
For immediate consideration, please complete an application, and submit your cover letter and resume.
- Provide guidance to students and families regarding financial aid and college/career planning.
- Deliver curriculum and training to students and families participating in 10,000 Degrees programs.
- Directly manage an assigned caseload or targeted group of students.
- Be present on-campus for student outreach and engagement.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with school personnel, community partners, and program participants as well as families via meetings, workshops, and social media.
- Participate in regular professional development activities, team work meetings, weekly supervisorial meetings with staff, and special events/trainings (sometimes held in the evenings).
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files/data and generate program reports for analysis.
- Regularly travel within assigned region(s) to school campuses, 10,000 Degrees offices, and special event locations.
- Support and represent 10,000 Degrees at fundraising and appreciation events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a client/student service position
- Geographic proximity to the region being served
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- High level of professionalism including promptness, preparedness and professional appearance
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google applications, and Instagram
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and initiative including the ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn and be self-reflective
- History of working effectively as part of a team
- First-generation college graduate from low-income backgrounds preferred
- Alumni of 10,000 Degrees scholarships preferred