Discover an extraordinary career opportunity at Maxson Engineering, where our core values of being proactive, innovative, accountable, and perseverant are at the heart of everything we do. As a member of our team, you’ll have the chance to work alongside talented professionals who share your passion for pushing the boundaries of mechanical, electrical, plumbing engineering and technology design. Together, we proactively seek innovative solutions, hold ourselves accountable for delivering exceptional results, and persevere through challenges to create remarkable outcomes for our clients. Join us and become part of a talented, forward-thinking organization making a meaningful impact in the world.
The Project BIM Lead is accountable for enthusiastically “raising the bar” for all project design related initiatives in the firm. This will include a thorough understanding of how Maxson currently executes project design and then embracing change through exploration and experimentation regarding what project design can be. This person will ensure the firm provides creative solutions for our clients and their projects. This role collaborates with the BIM Department Manager to mentor the designers and engineers in the firm in aspects related to drawing production to ensure we continue to excel at a very high level of project design. The Project BIM Lead works closely with project teams and clients to ensure that the client’s expectations are not only met but exceeded while helping to ensure profitable projects. This position reports to the BIM Department Manager.
- Possess a profound sense of responsibility for the overall success of the firm
- Preserve an environment that encourages client satisfaction and recurring business opportunities
- Oversee drawing production and quality on a project by project basis
- Provide leadership for production of all facets of MEPT drawing packages
- Ensure application of design standards in all current platforms (including Revit, AutoCAD, BIM360, NavisWorks, and Bluebeam)
- Assist with technical development of tools for Revit, AutoCAD, BIM360 and add-On programs
- Provide technical trouble-shooting for engineering staff
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure project deliverables are met, utilizing Deliverable Checklists, and informing QA timing for MEPT
- Ensure internal organization of file structure and workflow on a project basis
- Complete project archiving procedures at milestone submittals
- Provide requested file maintenance by clients, architects, or contractors
- Provide training for new designers and engineers
- Provide feedback to Department Managers for project staffing per project, where appropriate
- Continue to develop design and drafting skills
- Drive continuous improvement, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization
- Encourage use and development of Design Manual for MEPT
- Encourage consistent deliverables by referencing past projects
- Facilitate collision prevention in Revit models
- Participate in project BIM coordination meetings
- In-house coordination with title blocks, shared parameters, drawing index, keynotes (and support files), including management of Shared Parameters
- Assists in background creation and file exchange
- Archive models at appropriate intervals
- Validating the LOD and model content as defined for the project
- Coordinate project basepoints with consultant teams
- Maintain phasing requirements for MEPT
- Ensure coordination review of copy/monitored elements
- Monitor layers, worksets and filters within models to ensure functionality
- Participation in clash prevention sessions
- Download and store project models for coordination
- Ensure the functionality of models and CAD files
- Revision management
- Work with Project Managers on design and drafting tasks
- Continue to develop design and engineering skills and knowledge base (MEPT)
- Work with Project Engineers to execute design tasks
- Ensure design complies with internal design standards
The work performed with this position will be primarily in a heated/cooled office environment. The job will also involve occasional trips for various business purposes. The equipment this employee is expected to operate include a computer, copier/scanner, phone, plotter, field survey tablet and various other field survey equipment. Lifting requirements are minimal (less than 1% of time) and typically does not exceed 30 pounds.
- Major medical with vision and dental plan 100% paid for employee
- 401K plan with company contribution
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Health care flex spending account (FSA)
- Dependent care flex spending account (FSA)
- Short and long term disability and life insurance plan 100% paid for employee
- PTO (holidays, vacation and sick)
- Flex time, 9 hours days Monday through Thursday and half days on Friday.
- Eligible for year-end profit sharing
- Possess a profound sense of responsibility for one’s work and be accountable for continuous innovation in project design.
- Enthusiastically collaborate with BIM Department Manager and Project Managers to ensure the firm provides solutions for clients and their projects.
- Able to provide focused communication with project teams and clients to ensure clients’ expectation are met.
- Highly proficient in developing and delivering 3D/BIM models and 2D contract drawings and documents.
- Ability to coordinate multidiscipline Revit model, design, and model changes.
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Bluebeam
- Have a knowledge of national CAD/BIM standards along with a willingness to learn and adhere to client design CAD/BIM standards.
- 10+ years of Revit and/or AutoCAD experience
- Autodesk Certified Professional
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology/CAD or equivalent experience - preferred.