Discover an extraordinary career opportunity at Maxson Engineering, where our core values of being proactive, innovative, accountable, and perseverant are at the heart of everything we do. As a member of our team, you’ll have the chance to work alongside talented professionals who share your passion for pushing the boundaries of mechanical, electrical, plumbing engineering and technology design. Together, we proactively seek innovative solutions, hold ourselves accountable for delivering exceptional results, and persevere through challenges to create remarkable outcomes for our clients. Join us and become part of a talented, forward-thinking organization making a meaningful impact in the world.
The Project Engineer is accountable for day-to-day engineering tasks. A project engineer will typically be engaged on multiple projects with coordination by Project Managers and the Director of Engineering. This position reports to a Sr. Project Manager.
- Provide mechanical system design support for projects
- Provide input for continuous improvement of engineering processes
- Continue to develop personal engineering skills
- Work towards attaining professional registration if not already registered
- Work with Project Managers on assigned engineering tasks
- Work with Designers to execute engineering tasks
- Ensure design complies with regulatory, code, and client requirements
The work performed with this position will be primarily in a heated/cooled office environment. The job will also involve occasional trips for various business purposes. The equipment this employee is expected to operate include a computer, copier/scanner, phone, plotter, field survey tablet and various other field survey equipment. Lifting requirements are minimal (less than 1% of time) and typically does not exceed 30 pounds.
- Major medical with vision and dental plan 100% paid for employee
- 401K plan with company contribution
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Health care flex spending account (FSA)
- Dependent care flex spending account (FSA)
- Short and long term disability and life insurance plan 100% paid for employee
- PTO (holidays, vacation and sick)
- Flex time, 9 hours days Monday through Thursday and half days on Friday.
- Eligible for year-end profit sharing
- Experience with design of typical building mechanical systems with an emphasis on HVAC systems but also including plumbing and fire protection systems
- General working knowledge of relevant building codes
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Minimum one year experience with relevant system design
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Experience with design of specialty mechanical systems including industrical ventilation systems, process piping systems, and other specialty systems
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam with NCEES registration
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience