Hastings Water Works is looking for dedicated Lifeguards! Candidates must be energetic, reliable and friendly. We manage several pools on the East and West side of Cleveland, so you can work close to home. Our team's focus is to provide safety and peace of mind to those we serve.
- Maintaining surveillance while on duty and always remain rescue ready
- Lifeguard must respond to all emergency situations
- Uphold the standard of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and the Ohio Revised Code
- Responsible for assigned opening duties before the facility opens and closing procedures before the facility is secured at close.
- Responsible for daily duties throughout shift
- Lifeguard responsible for maintaining pool chemistry within state required ranges.
- Responsible for completing reporting for the following; accident, rescue, bodily fluid, incident; as they occur at the facility
- Responsible for attending a minimum of two (2) hours of in-service training every two (2) weeks of work
- Ability to swim 300 yards; without stopping
- Tread water for 2 minutes; without using your hands
- Swim 20 yards; dive to the bottom of a 9 foot pool and retrieve a 10 pound brick, swim on your back for 20 yards while holding the brick in both hands, and exit the swimming pool, within 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to different locations within a 10 mile radius of your scheduled facility
- Must have a smartphone
- A minimum age of 16 years of age
- Must have a smartphone
- American Red Cross Certification (Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor)
- 1+ years lifeguarding
- 1+ years working in a customer service related industry; retail, restaurant, sales
- Prior experience working at facility utilizing Red Cross Lifeguarding standards
- If you are not American Red Cross Lifeguard certified, we offer training's to become lifeguard certified
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Physical Requirements/Essential Functions (ADA compliance): Please check all that apply to this position
- Activity – If more than 2 plus hours per day
Lifting to include:
- 0 – 10 lbs.
- 11 – 25 lbs.
- 26 – 60 lbs.
- 61 – 75 lbs.
- Over 75 lbs.
- Wet and/or Humid
- Hearing to Converse
- Hearing to use the Telephone
- Reading Distance 1 to 5 Feet
- Reading Distance 10 to 30 Feet
- Incidental Driver
- Regular Driver
- Left – Hand Dominant
- Right – Hand Dominant
- Occasionally (2–3 hours weekly)
- Frequently (2 – 3 hours daily)
- Continuously (4 plus hours daily)