Position Summary: The Digital Content Manager supports marketing, public relations, and fundraising to raise public awareness of Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing, creating and maintaining a strong presence on a wide range of social media (Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram, etc); website management; support of digital fundraising campaigns. Develops and implements marketing and communications plans.
· Development and implementation of organic social media marketing in collaboration with the Director of Marketing.
· Development and implementation of communications plan in collaboration with the Director of Marketing.
· Manage social and electronic media to support enrollment marketing, development and communications including e-blasts, and all Arrowmont social media accounts.
· Manage and track print and electronic advertising.
· Stay informed about latest trends and developments in social media.
· Produce electronic newsletter in collaboration with Director of Marketing and Donor Communications Coordinator.
· Assist with development and implementation of digital fundraising campaigns.
· Manage photography, videography, editing and other media related projects.
· Maintain appropriate files including photos, media, and events.
· Supports fundraising, educational and campus events.
· Manages materials production and ensures that all direct marketing materials are produced on-schedule and are of the highest quality.
· Ensure that website and materials meet Arrowmont’s style guide and messaging.
· Act as a liaison between Arrowmont and Arrowmont’s ad agency.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Effective writing and communications.
· Working knowledge of WordPress website platform, website design, updating and maintenance.
· Working knowledge of social media platforms and communications software such as Constant Contact.
· Working knowledge of design software such as InDesign, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and video editing software.
· Strong information technology skills.
· Excellent photography and videography skills including editing.
· Strong research skills.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize and deliver projects on-time and within budget. Particular ability to multitask, with the ability to steward multiple simultaneous projects to successful completion by deadline and within budget.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, information technology, public relations or a related field with at least two years’ experience
· Conversant with and committed to the mission of Arrowmont and arts education
· Personable with ability to relate to a wide range of people at all levels
· Reliable/dependable hard worker committed to the job
· Team player with ability to work across departmental lines
· Problem-solver with a “can do” attitude
· Positive and eager to learn
This position requires limited travel, ability to drive a car, is physically demanding requiring the ability to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain; bend, stoop, reach above head; fine and gross motor skills, and work in close quarters. The employee must have normal visual acuity at near and far distance with correction and hear spoken word with correction. Must be fluent in English. While performing the duties of this position, employee is required sit and work at a computer. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, touch objects, tools or controls and to talk fluently. The employee must occasionally lift or move heavy objects.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Statement:
Arrowmont is committed to creating an anti-racist, diverse, and inclusive workforce and work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Arrowmont strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Arrowmont is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.