Since 2004, Vadum has built a brand known for practical innovation that delivers solutions to customers in the competitive field of national defense research and development. Vadum’s expertise is bringing concepts to life in the form of products or prototypes to address challenging national defense problems. The Vadum team has a wide range of deep operational and technical expertise to develop concepts that work in conjunction with legacy capabilities or create new capabilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Program Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with engineering leadership to propose new programs as well as execute programs within the Business Area.
- Develop and execute a program plan with engineering leadership that is consistent with the program budget, requirements, deliverables and aligns with the overall business area strategy.
- Manage the overall program execution, actively mitigate risks to the program and promptly resolve issues that are impacting program performance.
- Be the primary customer interface and ensure that contract deliverables are delivered on time.
- Help grow the business by defining a growth/transition strategy for each assigned program; manage and actively engage with the customer base to drive achievement of the plan.
- Present formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the customer and corporate management through oral and written communications.
- Help mentor the technical team and lead select efforts to standardize best practices across the company.
- Actively participate in program definition and capture for existing and new customers.
- Lead proposal and/or capture efforts as assigned and ensure timely and successful delivery.
- Must be a U.S. citizen to receive a security clearance from the Department of State.
- Extensive knowledge of software systems and programming languages.
- 3+ years of industry experience in a technical leadership or program management position for defense R&D software programs with experience in supervising personnel, technology assessment, systems design, system analysis, managing multiple technical programs including budgetary responsibility, planning and estimating work loading requirements, acquisition planning, communicating and interfacing with government customers.
- Ability to engage key client stakeholders to identify needs, and discuss Vadum capabilities and services.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary opportunity capture team in a matrixed organization with a collaborative and a team-centric culture.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field required.
- At least 5 years of related professional (technical) experience required.
- At least 3 years of management experience or the ability to demonstrate management capabilities through equivalent leadership experiences.
If you are looking to work on exciting projects with cutting-edge data software, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and interest in the position.
Vadum offers a comprehensive benefit program, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation)
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Benefit Offerings (STD, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Plan)
- Work/life balance
Vadum Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, genetic trait, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vadum Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact the Human Resources Department at (919) 341-8241 ext.: 180.