Kinematics creates motion control solutions for mission-critical systems in demanding environments. Based in the U.S. with global operations, we reliably deliver on diverse customer needs and have the manufacturing expertise to deliver any volume cost effectively.
For close to three decades, we have been innovating solutions and working closely with our customers to provide the most reliable, bankable, innovative drives across multiple industries. Today, with over 2 million drives globally deployed, representing hundreds of millions of hours of operation, we are proud of our role in sustainably supporting critical applications across the industrial, satellite and solar sectors.
Kinematics was founded in 1996, has 400 employees globally, is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, with sales offices in North America and Europe, and manufacturing operations in Jiangyin, China and Nogales, Mexico.
About The Position:
Successful candidates will:
- Take ownership of existing solar account business and define future customer goals and needs.
- Have large account development experience.
- Have experience working within a business development framework.
- Be capable of independent problem solving and demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking.
- Possess strong technical aptitude and be adept at communicating technical and business fundamentals.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work as a team player across all functions and levels.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset – take calculated risks, be resilient, resourceful, and solutions-oriented.
This individual will report to Vice President – Global Sales and Business Development. This position is flexible/remote and will require up to 50% travel including International.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Achieve/exceed sales targets while maintaining Kinematics’ core competency of RELATIONSHIP APTITUDE.
- Build relationships with the customer and manage the customer goals, challenges, and initiatives, balanced with Kinematics’ strategic long-range plan.
- Form excellent working relationships with all North America Solar customer departments, including Customer Applications, Accounting, Logistics, Procurement, and Engineering to ensure on-time delivery and best in class quality of Kinematics’ solutions.
- Define new opportunities within utility scale, community, and fixed tilt solar segments for Kinematics’ motion control products.
- Interact regularly with members of the internal sales, engineering, finance, operations, and management teams to ensure all customer and company needs are met.
- Network externally (EPC, IPP, IE, Developers, trade groups) to provide deep competitive insight, identify industry trends, and help form strategic direction.
- Ability to effectively organize and lead agile, MVP-centric business development processes cross functionally.
- The candidate should have a minimum of ten years’ track record of developing and nurturing strategic solar customer relationships with a strong knowledge of the solar industry
Kinematics, LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.