The Solutions Architect leads the practice and introduction of the overall technical vision for a particular solution.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform tasks related to leading, administering, developing, delivering, and supporting information technology (IT) systems and services, including data storage, information assurance, software applications, networking, and systems and services used in the automated acquisition, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, assurance, or reception of information
• Evaluate, recommend, design, and develop IT solutions
• Compile, evaluate, analyze, control, secure, and disseminate timely, relevant, objective, and accurate IT solutions data and information to stakeholders, including, not limited to, web-based designs, data governance, operational systems, document storage, applications, models, and assessment of existing legacy systems
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
• Addresses problems of system integration compatibility, and multiple platforms
• Responsible for project completion
• Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
• Interface with client sponsor and other stakeholders on all aspects of the program
• Collaborate with stakeholders to find and prioritize the right questions to ask, and communicate findings effectively back to them
• Identify solution alternatives, select and market competitive solutions
• Identify and assess capabilities and performance in support of business growth and operational excellence
Minimum/General Experience: 9 years’ experience
Minimum Education: MS/MA in an associated discipline or the equivalent years in experience
Security: Ability to obtain/maintain a Public Trust
Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) A MBI is conducted by Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and covers a five (5) year period. It consists of a review of National Agency Check (NAC) records [OPM Security Investigations Index (SII), Department of Defense (DOD) Defense Central Investigations Index (DCII), FBI name check, and a FBI fingerprint check], a credit report covering a period of five (5) years, written inquiries to previous employers and references listed on the application for employment; an interview with the subject, law enforcement check; and a verification of the educational degree.
U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident
Essential Job Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
• Ability to be on client site (Washington, DC) as needed
• Ability to work from home and perform duties with a remote located team
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques.
Desired Job Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
• Experience with the Veterans Affairs
• Experience with large federal government enterprise resource planning (ERP) programs.