To further its mission of transforming the lives of clients through legal advocacy, Community Legal Aid utilizes data to measure its success and impact in the community and to inform its future advocacy goals. Community Legal Aid is in the early stages of implementing a new Case Management System to manage and track the work of Community Legal Aid advocates. The successful candidate for this new position will play an important role in shaping the collection and reporting of data at all levels of the organization.
The Data and Evaluation Manager develops and implements systems for providing reports (financial and program) to funders to ensure grant compliance; develops reports and analyzes data for the Legal Aid Board and staff for planning and assessment purposes.
The Data and Evaluation Manager will:
- Engage with staff to promote the understanding and use of data for advocacy and management purposes.
- Develop and manage reports using data from the Case Management System and other sources.
- Manage and evaluate internal and external data for use in planning, program development and assessment, resource development and other activities.
- Maintain and update Case Management System structure for purposes of grant and programmatic requirements and implement and educate staff on changes to the system
- Collaborate with staff to design data reports and provide support regarding evaluation and reporting for grant reports.
- Collaborate with staff to develop systems and reports to track status and provide reports of spending and progress on program goals and objectives for all active grants and contracts.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related field or commensurate experience.
- Experience in a legal services / non-profit environment preferred.
- Proficient technology skills, including in MS 365, Windows, macOS, databases, GIS, and data visualization software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including attentiveness to cultural needs and differences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Organized, prioritize work, plan and problem-solve, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and presentation.
- Excellent analytical and evaluative skills.