Discover an extraordinary career opportunity at Maxson Engineering, where our core values of being proactive, innovative, accountable, and perseverant are at the heart of everything we do. As a member of our team, you’ll have the chance to work alongside talented professionals who share your passion for pushing the boundaries of mechanical, electrical, plumbing engineering and technology design. Together, we proactively seek innovative solutions, hold ourselves accountable for delivering exceptional results, and persevere through challenges to create remarkable outcomes for our clients. Join us and become part of a talented, forward-thinking organization making a meaningful impact in the world.
The Project Engineer is accountable for day-to-day engineering tasks. A project engineer will typically be engaged on multiple projects with coordination by Project Managers and the Director of Engineering. This position reports to the Technology Department Manager.
- Assist in designing audio/video presentation systems/sound reinforcement systems, Public Address (PA) systems, electronic security systems, IPTV and CATV systems, WiFi layouts, DAS, and structured cabling and data distribution
- Prepare system design drawings including floor plans, schematic functional diagrams and riser diagrams, device plate details, rack elevations, one-lines, and enlarged plans.
- Collaborate and coordinate with others in the firm to understand structured cabling infrastructure pathways in relation to other scopes.
- Prepare power and heat load calculations for telecommunication spaces.
- Assist in reviewing submittals and RFIs.
- Assist in developing project specifications and equipment lists.
- Building schedules in Revit or Excel for ACS, cameras, and data drops
- Be open to learning new software design tools
- Work with Project Managers on assigned engineering tasks
- Work with Designers to execute engineering tasks
- Ensure design complies with regulatory, code, and client requirements
The work performed with this position will be primarily in a heated/cooled office environment. The job will also involve occasional trips for various business purposes. The equipment this employee is expected to operate include a computer, copier/scanner, phone, plotter, field survey tablet and various other field survey equipment. Lifting requirements are minimal (less than 1% of time) and typically does not exceed 30 pounds.
- Major medical with vision and dental plan 100% paid for employee
- 401K plan with company contribution
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Health care flex spending account (FSA)
- Dependent care flex spending account (FSA)
- Short and long term disability and life insurance plan 100% paid for employee
- PTO (holidays, vacation and sick)
- Flex time, 9 hours days Monday through Thursday and half days on Friday.
- Eligible for year-end profit sharing
- General working knowledge of relevant building codes
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Minimum one year experience with relevant system design
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Success in designing technology systems to meet client construction budgets
- Understanding drawing construction process; previous experience reading plans
- Desire to continue education in the form of certifications, vendor learning events (lunch and learns), webinars, etc.
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Electrical Technology or equivalent experience