Under general supervision of the Theater Manager, supervise and coordinate the Technical Services tasks and staff for events, installations, maintenance, repairs, and general operations of the technical aspects in the Theater.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate and schedule part time staff required for events and day-to-day operations as it relates to performance lighting, audio / video systems, fly rail systems, electrical systems, and other technical theater systems.
- Monitor and approve all connections to the buildings temporary electrical systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Supervise events as Production Manager as needed while overseeing part time, and temporary staff as events require.
- Operate and maintain performance / architectural lighting systems, audio-visual systems, and fly rail systems when necessary.
- Train part time staff on all necessary job responsibilities throughout the Theater.
- Provide approved training for One-Man, Scissor and Boom lifts for the facility as needed.
- Prepare event paperwork for all upcoming events to be used by part-time staff to complete their required responsibilities.
- Maintain all technical theater storage rooms and expendables through inventory control. Supply suggested purchase requisitions as necessary to maintain necessary inventory to fulfill event needs.
- Develop and implement equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with Theater staff to advance major touring productions.
- Work to support the technical needs and functions of the resident theater company.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Possess knowledge and experience in industry terminology, technical theater-related services, facility capabilities and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Possess an understanding of facility’s electrical, mechanical, and other systems.
- Possess an understanding of performance lighting systems, single purchase fly rail systems, audio / video systems, and other specialty theater systems.
- Be detail oriented and possess excellent follow-through skills.
- Demonstrate advanced problem-solving skills.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with little supervision.
- Advance knowledge of a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials.
- Meet the physical demands of the job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility) and working from various heights. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, Gator, pallet jacks, carts, fire extinguishers or other light power-driven equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form. Effective written communication is especially important.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Remain professional and manage confidential information.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least three years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with applicable theater systems and technical software including:
· ETC performance lighting systems and EOS family consoles.
· Digital audio consoles including Midas and Allen and Heath consoles.
· Clearcom production intercom system.
· Single purchase counterweight fly rail systems.
· Vectorworks, Autocad or Similar