Under general supervision of the Director of Event Services (Arena), assist the Operations Department in all aspects of events including customer contact, coordination, and distribution of information within the facility, client follow-up, and client billing.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide the best service possible to every client, patron, and vendor.
- Plan, coordinate and execute meetings/events according to the needs of our clients in a timely manner. Maintain constant communication with the client before and during their meetings/events.
- Work closely with the Sales Department to ensure that the clients are addressed in a timely manner. Attend pre-cons when necessary.
- Research, review and recommend equipment, materials and supplies required to make an event successful.
- Coordinate outside service needs with food and beverage contractor, decorators, or other vendors.
- Issue appropriate paperwork to the proper staff in a timely manner.
- Assist with special needs or requests from our clients and communicate to our staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain record of all event-related expenses and bill client appropriately by issuing a summary of expenses.
- Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with clients and staff.
- Ensure that the integrity of the facility is upheld in the manner that we and our guest are accustomed to.
- Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations in a prompt and decisive manner and orally respond in a professional and diplomatic manner during crisis and/or sympathetic situations.
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency.
- Attend weekly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Rotate with other facility personnel to function as Manager on Duty (MOD), who maintains total responsibility and authority over all clients, employees, security, and safety in assigned buildings. Responsibilities include but not limited to making sure contractual agreements are met and clients’ event requirements and changes have been made in a timely fashion. On-duty employees and subcontractors ultimately report to the MOD through any managers or supervisors who are present during the event.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event-related services.
- Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting, and other administrative duties.
- Handle conflict, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Know basic accounting.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Be able to get in and around the facility – position requires personal mobility.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Perform light lifting and carrying at times.
- Operate personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software as well as event software.
- Operate portable radio and standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines with special attention to detail.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to legally operate a motor vehicle in the state of Georgia.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university and two to three years related experience and/or training event coordination or meeting planning; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Customer service experience is required.