The Communications Specialist will participate in short- and long-term planning initiatives to enhance organizational position and image. The position will exercise discretion and judgment regarding Alliance’s internal and external communications, including marketing materials, social media, website, webinar, email, collateral materials and special projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Content Creation & Distribution
• Design and develop brand-aligned collateral materials in response to organizational and project-specific communications objectives and to enhance organizational position and image.
• Create content for Alliance’s digital communications platforms, including design, writing, photos and video editing.
• Develop deep knowledge of projects and partners via ongoing participation in partner and organizational meetings and active information seeking in order to proactively identify communications needs and opportunities.
• Assists staff across organization with preparing brand aligned presentations, developing content, and assisting with design elements.
• Ensure brand and messaging consistency across all communications products.
• Website redesign and ongoing management with specific attention to online engagement features for partner organizations.
Enhancement and Management of CRM for Communications
• Ensure sound integration of Salesforce CRM and other communication channels (Eventbrite, Office365, mailchimp).
• Develop strategic segments for use in Alliance communications.
• Monitor and analyze online engagement metrics and provides recommendations to evolve strategy.
• Coordinate email system, drafting and designing regular mailings to partners and collecting/analyzing data on audience engagement to inform mailing practices.
• Maintain distribution lists for all Alliance project areas, workgroups, committees, and teams.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of their work-related marketing and/or communications samples. Applicants who do not submit a portfolio will NOT be considered for the position.
A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, design or related communications field
• 3-5 years of experience in communications or marketing
• Salesforce and Wordpress experience
• Excellent writer across various platforms (print, digital, social, web, email, video, etc.). Ability to tell a story using words, images, video and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
• Self-starter, self-disciplined; Ability to work independently and in a collaborative remote work culture
• Ability to provide clear articulation of the strategic goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content
• Skill in gathering and synthesizing information from many sources; ability to translate technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible to non-specialists
• Highly creative, comfortable with ambiguity, interested in big questions
• Knowledge of major social media platforms such as Twitter, Linkedin, You Tube
• Experience with writing/editing in a variety of tones/styles; strong editing and proofreading skills (APA style preferred)
• Moderate experience with and/or enthusiasm for desktop publishing for in-house graphics design and production
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interference
The Alliance for Better Health is funded by the New York State Department of Health to improve the health of thousands of Capital Region residents. We are working toward increased access to health care and improved overall health of the communities we serve. At the forefront of evolving health transformation programs both locally and nationally, we are creating and deploying leading-edge technology for analytics, population health, care coordination, and provider / patient empowerment.