The Scientist, Computational Biology, part of the Translational Science team, provides bioinformatics support including the management and analysis of internal and public NGS data, including but not limited to antibody repertoire and bulk/single-cell RNA sequencing. Represents Translational Medicine in cross-functional project teams.
- Maintains and optimizes data analysis pipelines that include data processing QC, mapping, assembly, variant calling, and multi-sequence alignments for NGS and antibody repertoire data
- Responsible for routine literature searches for publicly available omics datasets to analyze for discovery and preclinical project support, including but not limited to differential expression and pathway gene set enrichment
- Provide biological interpretation of analysis results, generate R shiny apps for data sharing, and present results to project teams
- Perform systems and multi-modal data integration to summarize data-driven or hypothesis-driven analyses to support mechanism of action, identification of molecular predictors, and achieve translational medicine goals.
- Establish partnership with and maintain a collaborative, integrated role with project teams to influence the experimental design, assays needed, data generation, analysis, integration and interpretation.
- Participate in due diligences of external opportunities when needed.
- Uses advanced scientific concepts to support projects, solve a wide range of difficult problems using effective and creative approaches to achieve corporate objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field,
- The candidate must possess experience in genomic and sequence analysis, construction of data processing pipelines, and quality control/quality assurance analysis
- Hands-on experience in next generation sequencing analysis, including data quality assessment, sequencing data assembling, mapping, and mutation analysis
- Strong computational/bioinformatics skills and demonstrated ability to work with scientists to deliver on objectives in defined timelines are required
- Expertise in data analysis and pipeline building in R
- Strong proficiency with working in a Linux environment
- Independence, self-motivation, innovation and ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment are required
- Experience and demonstrated success in a team-oriented environment and excellent communication skills (written and oral); ability to organize and execute multiple projects in parallel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, typically in an open office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
May be required to travel by plane or car.
This position requires working with biological and/or chemical hazards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.