Solve problems. Grow with the company. Accelerate the net-zero grid.
We seek a Quality Analyst to join LineVision (One of Built In’s Best Places to Work in 2023 and 2024) to ensure the quality of our devices and data. This is a great opportunity to get into a small, growing Quality team on the ground floor, and to play an instrumental role in the successful scaling and maturing of LineVision's technologies. Your efforts will directly benefit our IoT devices, which form the foundation for LineVision’s product and enable our mission to accelerate the net-zero grid.
The successful Quality Analyst will enjoy working with data and coding, dig into issues to determine root cause, synthesize information and tradeoffs, and communicate the summary clearly.
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
- Detect, triage and investigate sensor data quality issues
- Escalate and manage issues to resolution with Engineering and Operations teams
- Track and report quality metrics and trends to inform Engineering priorities
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to perform Root Cause Analyses
- Identify, prioritize, and drive Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Develop tools with Engineering for improved detection and analysis of issues
- Within Three Months:
- Use existing reports and tools to detect, triage and escalate IoT sensor data quality issues
- Track and drive issue resolution in collaboration with Hardware Engineering and Operations teams
- Identify improvement opportunities in issue detection and troubleshooting tools
- Within Six Months:
- Enhance issue detection/troubleshooting process and tools for improved efficiency with support of Software Engineering and Data teams
- Assist with root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions of top device issues
- Within a Year and Beyond:
- Assist in implementation of ISO 9001 quality management system, including statistical process control, calibration management system, employee training program, supplier management system, audit management system.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Experience using Excel and Business Intelligence tools to manage metrics and perform data analysis
- Experience with a range of technologies, including networking, SQL, Linux, Python, Jira, and IoT
- Ability to explain complex technical issues with a range of audiences, such as engineers, vendors and executives
- Intense attention to detail while analyzing quality metrics, tracking trends, and identifying root cause
- Excellent organization skills
- Curiosity, initiative, drive, and tenacity
Who is your manager?
- Your manager brings over 6 years of quality experience, previously working in wind turbine manufacturing. They are a Mechanical Engineer, certified as Six Sigma Green Belt and ISO 9001 Lead Auditor.
- The leadership style of your manager is:
- Making sure the team is running smoothly and in the right direction (maximizing efficiency and effectiveness)
- Giving you the tools to succeed and removing barriers to make your job easier
- Energizing, motivating, challenging you
- Developing your skills and progressing your career
- Making a great impact and having a good time doing it
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in accelerating our mission of a net-zero grid.
- Ownership. You will hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy and trust in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility. You will be empowered to maintain work-life balance with unlimited PTO and a flexible remote work schedule.
- Real World Innovation. You will join a motivated and high-performing team working with cutting edge, patented technology to help solve key obstacles to the clean energy transition.
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing climate-tech company based in Boston, MA. Through our non-contact sensor, we enable electric utilities to serve increased load, integrate more renewable energy, ensure grid resilience, and enable mass electrification. With real-time monitoring and predictive analytics, we empower electric utilities to lead the clean energy transition. We are LineVisionaries:
- We are Innovators: we light the way with tenacious creativity and do good work.
- We are Empowered: With high trust and high autonomy, the floor is yours, and the opportunity is ours.
- We are Welcoming: Come as you are, our doors are open. We are better together.
- We are Trusted Partners: We elevate our customer champions through shared thought leadership. We deliver on commitments.
- We are All In: We are building a community of passionate individuals who want to dent the universe and accelerate the net-zero grid.
At LineVision there’s no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. We are looking for exceptional people who want to make a positive impact through their work and facilitate an organization where everyone can thrive. So whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work every day.
Meet our team, understand our mission: https://www.linevisioninc.com/about-us