Foothills Regional Housing "FRH" is a prominent real estate developer, manager, and program administrator for affordable housing. FRH is currently looking for a Senior Community Manager with multi layers of funding that can include HOME, Tax Credit, 50058, 50059, NSP, and PBV units by performing the following duties, as well as experience working with vulnerable populations. Works in conjunction with property managers and other FRH staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct marketing and management of all housing rental applications.
2. Interview prospective residents and perform required verifications according to the Low-Income Tax Credit Program according to the HUD 4350.3 Occupancy Handbook and HOME program.
3. Maintain occupancy and rent revenues.
4. Lease apartments by showing prospective residents apartment models and/or available apartments.
5. Inform prospective residents of availability of nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities, and public transportation.
6. Collect security deposits as required and completes lease paperwork outlining conditions and terms of occupancy.
7. Collect all rents including delinquent rents. Maintain uncollected rents below 2-3%.
8. Investigate resident complaints and inspect vacated apartments to determine needed repairs or maintenance.
9. Direct and coordinate activities of maintenance staff engaged in repairing plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting apartments or buildings, and performing landscaping or gardening work, or arranges for outside personnel to perform maintenance.
10. Resolve resident complaints concerning other residents or visitors.
11. Arrange for other site related services such as, extermination, or carpet cleaning and all the others. Some exclusions are carpet vendors, security and trash collections which go through the procurement at the Home Office
12. Adheres to all laws relative to multi-family housing including the Fair Housing Act, and ADA.
13. Monitor the final outcome of tasks delegated by upper management.
14. Inspect all apartments delivered by the maintenance staff as ready. Makes final determination if the apartment meets FRH standards and is ready to rent.
15. Maintain and monitor “Make Ready Board” to ensure it is up to date.
16. Oversee entire eviction process.
17. Surveys the exterior of community to ensure FRH quality standards are met. Records deviancies and writes work orders to address the discovered needs.
18. Directs the planning and implementation of resident events and office themes.
19. Assists FRH to achieve the goals of the entire property management group as well as other departments
20. Achieves NOI at property.
21. Develops and implements marketing plan and leasing plan for community.
22. Presents recommendations to Property Operations Manager and Director of Real Estate Operations as needed to better maximize property performance.
23. Monitors Community Key Control system.
24. Works with Property Operations Manager and Director of Real Estate Operations to develop annual operating budget.
25. Obtains District Manager’s approval before exceeding budgeted line items.
26. Prepares and submits all reports as required, including Monday Morning Reports, 4P reports if required, monthly financial reports, and market surveys.
27. Interacts with residents in a courteous and professional manner.
28. Understands and adheres to FRH Standards of Performance. Holds team accountable to the standards as expected by FRH.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Treats people with respect and work with integrity and professional ethics, upholding the agency's value and mission. Represents the agency in a positive, professional and ethical manner at all times. This specifically includes abiding by all of the ethical rules outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend scheduled meetings with FRH leadership team and other FRH staff to discuss various items of concern and/or interest of both parties.
- Maintains the utmost confidentiality of all applicant and tenant information.
- Must be a team player and act at all times in a manner that is in the best interest of the FRH.
- Uses a time management system and other organizational tools set up by the FRH to organize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Must have the ability to work independently in a shared work environment.
- Minimal of out-of-town travel is required for occasional training seminars.
- Minimal evening or weekend work time required
- Makes rational and appropriate decisions. Communicates clearly and professionally verbally and in writing.
- Drivers license required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least two years related experience and/or training as a site supervisor; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certifications, such as AHM, SHCM, CAM.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel documents; Outlook and Internet products and HAB software.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
PAY RANGE: $30.77 to $38.46 hourly / DOE
- Employer pays 100% premium of medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Vacation and Sick time
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Retirement plan, employer matches up to 10% of retirement contributions
- Physical Demands: This position is in an office setting. In the office it is primarily sedentary, physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds: occasional lifting, carrying, walking, bending over (to file) and standing. Frequent hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity to operate personal computers and office equipment. Vision for reading, recording and interpreting information. Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and customers.
- Work Environment: Works in a clean, comfortable environment in the office.
- Equipment Used: Frequently uses standard office equipment including but not limited to personal computers, scanners, calculators, printers, telephones, fax, and copy machines.
FRH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. FRH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.