Perfect Polish, the country’s leader in polished concrete and resinous flooring solutions, will be expanding operations in the Detroit area (Q1 2021 Projected Completion) and is seeking a Project Manager to serve as the on-site primary point of contact with the General Contractor and Owner’s Representatives. Our project teams work with some of the nation’s most prominent retailers, educational institutions, manufacturers, and commercial companies.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who can work both independently, as well as part of a collaborative team, and will be responsible for achieving Safety-Quality-Schedule for the assigned project. We are seeking a leader who is ready to work; has a thorough understanding of project management principles and practices in a construction environment; has a strong foundation of job site safety knowledge and practices including MIOSHA; has experience working with local Union labor teams; and has the ability to conduct effective quality control – all while consistently performing on time and on budget.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the assigned project from award through closeout. After award, the Project Manager owns the project and will be responsible for the implementation phase (schedule, subcontractor selection/agreements, drawing review, bill of material, logistics, quality and safety documentation, etc.) and will then successfully manage the project lifecycle including timely submission of contract deliverables, condition reporting and change orders, site visits, punch lists, and closeout. The Project Manager has oversight of their assigned field team including Superintendents to ensure successful execution. While the Project Manager will be locally based at the project site, they will communicate daily through email, phone calls, and/or video conference with company leadership.
In addition to the above, responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Ensure project execution is in accordance with contract documents (e.g. submittals, phasing plans, quality standards, safety requirements, reporting, training, schedule, etc.)
• Participate in formal hand-off meeting with Estimation team and technical Subject Matter Experts for seamless transition
• Collaborate throughout the lifecycle of the project with technical Subject Matter Experts
• Create and modify phasing plans from estimation take-off’s
• Develop bill of material and equipment/tooling requirements based on scope and specifications that are in accordance with budget and schedule needs
• Assign and manage field teams including subcontractor selection and union personnel when applicable
• Review project budgets and requirements with assigned Superintendents, and monitor weekly for necessary adjustments
• Embody and promote teamwork at all times through positive attitude and strong effort
• Develop and audit Quality Assurance Workbooks for Superintendents, as well as conduct safety and quality inspections on site
• Participate in periodic project progress meetings (by phone or in person), pre-installation meeting, project launch, daily floor walks, shift turnovers, punch walk, closeout, conflict resolution, and other events as required
• Manage Condition Reports for project updates and change orders, as well as repair tickets
• Routinely update cloud-based Production Run with project status
• Monitor project costing dashboard and present budget-to-actual weekly
• Resolve customer concerns in a professional, timely, and courteous manner
• Build customer relationships to develop a strong base of referral and repeat business
• Professional, customer-focused, organized, dependable, perform with integrity
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Attention to detail and attentive to deadlines
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing schedules and variables while effectively allocating resources
• Superior follow up skills
• Ability to interpret construction drawings
• Proficiency in MicroSoft Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Project experience is a plus)
• Proficiency with cloud-based take off software (Pro-Est preferred)
• Proficiency in SmartSheet is preferred
• Verifiable work history. References required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Project Management or related field
• At least seven (7) years in a Project Manager role with a construction contractor
• In lieu of Degree, at least 15 years in a Project Manager role with a construction contractor
• OSHA 10 Hour Certification, 30 Hour is preferred
• Current CPR/First Aid Certification
• Successful completion of OSHA 30 Hour and CPR/First Aid after hiring is required
This is a contract position contingent upon contract award and will be based in the Detroit area. This project’s current schedule is July 2019 through December 2020; however, the schedule is subject to change. The on-site work is Saturday to Sunday and the Project Manager will be required to be on site for one of the two daily shifts. The successful candidate will report to the job site for the specified active work hours and for scheduled and impromptu meetings as needed. Daily work may be performed from a home office in the event a job trailer is not available. The home office must be a verifiable distraction-free environment suitable for professional phone/video conferencing; and reliable transportation. The normal work week can be negotiated to accommodate the weekend schedule. Perfect Polish will provide: laptop computer with current Microsoft Office Suite and web camera; Smart phone including data package; for exclusive company use; color printer; general office supplies; Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required; QA workbooks; any testing equipment for performance auditing; company email address; user accounts for required software; and course registration for OSHA30 and CPR/First Aid if needed.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes with at least three references for construction projects along with a cover letter explaining their ability to meet the contract position requirements and noting requested salary range.