Headquartered in Clifton, NJ, ClassLink is a leading education technology company serving schools around the world.
ClassLink empowers over 21 million students and staff with instant access to a library of 6,000+ single sign-on apps from in the classroom or at home.
ClassLink Analytics provides essential usage data, so instructors can measure engagement and leaders can make informed purchasing and training decisions.
ClassLink Roster Server and OneSync use automation and open standards to make rostering and provisioning easier, more secure, and less time-consuming.
ClassLink is an industry-leading education technology company, focusing on improving the lives of students and educators by creating more time for learning, improving access to digital resources, and simplifying rostering and account provisioning. Our Analytics family of products helps decision-makers view trends in data to better understand usage and adoption of software tools. This role will focus on improving and maintaining the underlying architecture of ClassLink Analytics. As ClassLink grows, so does the need for our products to efficiently scale and perform. You will be tasked with optimizing backend components using industry standard technology for big data processing.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 3 years of professional software engineering experience.
- You are a self-starter, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- You want to own the entire lifecycle for the components you build whether they are features or products
- Develop scalable and efficient backend systems using industry standard technologies
- Develop and maintain RESTful APIs to serve frontend applications
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure that systems meet ClassLink’s high quality standards
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of students and educators
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Develop and manage database schemas and optimize queries for efficiency
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation for internal stakeholders
- Work with data scientists and analysts to make data-driven software improvements
- Strong understanding and experience with the S.E.A.N. stack - SQL, Express, Angular, Node.js
- Experience in database performance tuning, query optimization and monitoring of MySQL databases is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, Kinesis, Redshift, and RDS, Athena a plus
- Understanding of big data analytical processing, including concepts like data lake and data warehousing
- Experience and understanding of agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills
This role is 100% remote eligible, with quarterly strategy meetings that are in-person.