Airspace Link's mission is to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships, thought leadership, and a diverse pilot community. Founded in Detroit in 2018, Airspace Link is one of the few FAA-approved UAS Service Suppliers of Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC) approved to provide the B4UFLY service. Airspace Link's cloud-based platform, AirHub® Portal, provides the digital infrastructure required to support the safe use of recreational and commercial drone use in communities at scale, supporting the growth of drone operations, drone service providers, drone manufacturers, package delivery and air taxi deployment in the future.
Visit https://airspacelink.com/ to learn more and stay updated on the latest innovations in this space.
Job Title: Senior Account Executive
Joining a team of 55+ UAS, aviation, geospatial, mobility, and technology experts, you will be tasked to develop and close State and Local government business. With the only FAA approved drone software on the market that directly integrates with Esri software (used in 99% of governments), AirHub Portal is the ultimate platform of choice for government agencies looking to operate and manage drones in their communities.
If you are a talented sales professional who takes their craft seriously and has experience selling Esri based platform or solutions to the local government, this role may be just the right one for you. Joining a progressive and friendly company with a winning culture and product, you have a unique opportunity to make a difference in State and Local governments by equipping them with the tools they need to operate and manage drones in their communities. As Airspace Link’s Director of Business Development, we will look to you to help expand Airspace Link into new geographies across the United Sates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for personally developing and closing new business and teaming with other members of Airspace Link team to expand our client base of State and Local governments
- Responsible for learning and understanding AirHub Portal offerings and how to tailor positioning to drive significant business outcomes for our clients
- Achieve bookings target by selling AirHub Portal platform and implementation services by expanding business in established and new regions
- Responsible for landing new logos
- Leads discovery, opportunity identification, proposals, and closing for sales of AirHub Portal
- Has the ability to clearly articulate to government decision makers how Airspace Link’s software and implementation services can meet needs and deliver significant value
- Drives sales process from beginning to end, leveraging support from Inside Sales Team, Proposal Management, and Product Team when necessary
- Teams with Customer Success to ensure accounts utilize and renew AirHub Portal and associated services
- Sets and meets specific quarterly or annual sales goals
- Adheres to processes and systems to monitor and report progress to the VP of Business Development and Leadership
- Share and communicate client requirements, concerns, and opportunities with Product and Engineering
- Maintaining information security within their area of the organization?
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Travel Required: <40%
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits & Perks: Named amongst the top Best Places to Work by Crains and BuiltIn, we offer a Remote-First culture with a state of the art HQ at the infamous Newlab innovation hub in the heart of Detroit. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, gender neutral parental leave, generous time off, and much more. For more information, please check out www.airspacelink.com/careers.
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Background Check: Employment offers for this role are contingent on a satisfactory completion of a background check.
- 5+ years of experience selling Esri based platform or solutions to State or Local government
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Hungry, hunter mentality. Proven experience exceeding sales quota.
- Prior CRM system experience (e.g., Monday.com, Salesforce, PipeDrive)
- Thrive in a rapidly growing startup and changing industry with limited regulatory visibility and restrictive budgets
- Part 107 or another pilot’s license a plus