Manager of Individual Giving and Stewardship
Salary Range: $50-$54,000
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Safe Shores – The D.C. Children’s Advocacy Center is an organization striving for excellence as a service provider and as a workplace. Safe Shores values respect, honesty, trustworthiness, professionalism, growth and learning, taking care and giving care, teamwork and collaboration. We are seeking a highly capable, experienced human services professional who is passionate about creating/implementing viable, effective solutions to help children and families and who enjoys interacting with people.
Opportunity to work with a high-performing team of compassionate, dedicated individuals serving children and families affected by abuse and other violence in Washington, DC. Safe Shores is seeking a highly effective, personable and mission-focused Manager of Individual Giving and Stewardship to lead our resource development and cultivation work. The ideal candidate will have broad experience and a demonstrated track record of success carrying out the full spectrum of fundraising activities for a social justice organization with a current budget of $3.4 million.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
Budget and Fundraising Management
- Draft annual revenue projections and assist with creation of organizational budget
- Draft and execute annual fund development plan
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Assist in cultivation through preparation and execution of donor appeals, major gift/event sponsorship proposals, creative donor acknowledgements, etc.
- Represent Safe Shores’ mission and programs to donors and stakeholders by leading tours and conducting follow-up calls and visits
- Manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects
- Oversee the planning and execution of fundraising events and external activities;
- Maintain CRM (Bloomerang) for internal management of donor relations and other development-related functions
- Work with the communications director to create and maintain communications and marketing materials and campaigns for various donor tiers.
- In partnership with program staff, manage seasonal drives and related donor volunteer opportunities.
- Proofread and edit grant proposals, reports and project budgets as needed.
- Identify potential new resources and revenue opportunities;
- Research and develop strategies for targeted growth in individual donors
- Provide support to the Board of Directors and the Board Development Committee
- Summarize and report monthly on results of development/outreach efforts
- Ensure proper donation processing and reporting, compliance with tax and other legal obligations as it pertains to contributions
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimal travel and occasional evening/weekend work may be required
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited institution
- At least four years of experience of successful nonprofit fundraising through various channels
- Superb oral and written communication skills; must be authentic in building relationships with donors, prospects, supporters, staff and board
- Self-starter who is willing to initiate dialogue with donors and prospective donors
- Demonstrated ability to influence external and internal audiences while dealing with sensitive subject matter
- Strong critical thinking skills, supplemented by capacity to analyze and interpret statistical data and financial acumen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or CRMs, with the ability to learn new software/technology systems
- Strong organization and time management skills, with ability to work well under deadlines/pressure, handle high work load, and adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a multicultural environment
Genuine passion for the mission and values of Safe Shores
- Ability to pass criminal and other background checks
- Cultivated leadership skills, including listening, analysis, conflict management, discretion and self-awareness
- Demonstrated ability to perform well and remain calm under pressure
- Superior systems and organizational skills
- High comfort with technology and ability to quickly learn database and other applications
- Ability to model, motivate, guide and inspire staff performance in accordance with organizational values
- Excellent judgment, impeccable integrity, patience, unwavering compassion and respect for all
- Knowledge of Bloomerang preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Safe Shores is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.