You became an Environmental Engineer because you care about the environment, and you enjoy tackling tough, important challenges. You’re looking for a firm with a purpose that engages you, and a culture that energizes you.
We’re Floyd|Snider and we’ve been looking for you. We’re an employee-owned environmental consulting firm offering strategy, science, and engineering solutions in the private and public sectors. Independently owned and operated since 1996, Floyd|Snider has consistently been recognized as one of the premier firms in the Northwest and a top place to work. We love it here because we don’t do cookie-cutter work; we work collaboratively on complex, fascinating projects.
Now we’re looking to add a Senior Environmental or Civil Engineer to our collaborative team to accomplish high-profile shoreline and aquatic sediment remediation, habitat restoration, and upland remediation projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. We’re looking for someone who exemplifies our commitment to technical excellence, environmental responsibility, and customer service.
That’s where you come in.
As our new Senior Environmental Engineer, you’ll be responsible for managing and overseeing project teams, often representing multiple disciplines within the company, and teaming partners and contractors outside the company. The list of tasks you’ll be involved in includes site evaluation, feasibility studies, design drawings and specifications, construction support and oversight, proposal preparation, and perspective client interviews.
Working closely with other staff, you’ll bring together the necessary resources and team to achieve project tasks and deadlines. You’ll coordinate with internal staff and teaming partners or contractors to pull together their contributions and will communicate directly with clients and agency representatives to ensure success throughout the project. You’ll complete quality control reviews of work products prepared by the team and share your technical knowledge and experience to help provide mentorship and professional development opportunities to staff.
Beyond your relevant knowledge and expertise, we’re looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Collaborative – You enjoy being part of a team and understand that inter-reliance and dependability makes for faster problem solving and better client service.
- A great communicator –You’re able to connect with many types of audiences, communicate strategically, and skillfully share and receive feedback.
- A mentor-mindset – You work to spread knowledge and create growth opportunities, especially for staff- and project-level engineers on difficult technical skills and concepts.
This is a full-time, permanent position with an excellent compensation package, which includes a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Candidates with 10 – 15 years of experience earn $110K - $125K annually. We offer quarterly merit-based bonus opportunities, equity and ownership options, 401K, medical insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance. We also offer 11 paid holidays and 20 days of paid time off per year.
Floyd|Snider provides employees with a flexible work schedule that includes core hours 9 AM to 4 PM Monday to Friday. Most staff are expected to work onsite 2 – 3 days per week, depending on their distance from our office.
Project and field work may require you to work in excess of your standard billable work week, but Floyd|Snider provides extra time off in the form of comp time to recognize this effort. Regional travel is a small part of this role. You won’t typically go more than 3 hours away, and we’ll cover all your expenses.
Your professional growth is a priority to us. You’ll have our support to further your career with ongoing educational opportunities, and to participate in conferences.
Working with Us
We’re a socially responsible business that considers all our stakeholders – environment, planet, community, and supply chain. We’re serious about doing business better. These values led us to become a B Corporation. That’s why we are always finding ways to give back, and so will you with one week of paid volunteer time each year.
We’ve got a spectacular group, and we work in teams with collaboration and support. If you enjoy teaming up with some very smart people in a variety of fields solving real, complex, and important problems, then this is the place for you.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. In furtherance of our culture, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Here’s our list of must-haves:
- 10+ years of experience working as an environmental or civil engineer in environmental consulting, environmental construction, or a similar field
- Bachelor's or master's degree in civil, environmental, or geotechnical engineering
- Professional Engineering license in any state, with the ability to file for reciprocity for licensure in both Washington and Oregon
- Ability to acquire and maintain any certifications or licenses required for completion of job tasks (e.g. HAZWOPER, CPR, TWIC, CESCL)
- Valid driver’s license
The right candidate will have a mix of the following skills or experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in remedial design and execution, ideally in shoreline and sediment remediation projects, but upland remediation experience is also relevant
- Professional field work experience, specifically with contaminated soil, sediment, and groundwater
- Experience working within the Washington State environmental regulatory frameworks
- Experience with construction oversight on environmental remediation projects
- Experience working with regulatory agencies or clients